ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Basel
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceMathematics › StatisticsPsychological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/05/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSwitzerland › Basel
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
We invite applications for a PhD position (4 years) within an Ambizione project funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) entitled "Influence of lighting on mental effort and on motivational deficit caused by fatigue" which will be led by Dr. Ruta Lasauskaite at the Centre for Chronobiology (head Prof. Christian Cajochen).
The research project is concerned with non-visual effects of light on humans and more specifically on the impact on motivation and psychophysiological correlates of mental effort. Experimental lab studies using cardiovascular, pupillary, and EEG measures will be run to test the effects of light during performance of cognitive tasks under fatigue.
- Master degree or equivalent in psychology or related field
- Competencies (or strong interest) in psychophysiological measurements
- Skills in data analysis and statistics
- Programming skills (e.g., R, Python, Matlab)
- Strong academic writing skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) and good in German (spoken)
We offer you
- Interdisciplinary working environment
- Training and professional development opportunities at the University of Basel
- Funding for participation at national and international conferences
- Opportunities for international collaboration
Application / Contact
Position starts on August 1, 2019 or later. Salary and employment conditions will be those of the University of Basel and the SNSF.
The closing date is May 25, 2019.
In accordance with the values of the University of Basel, candidates regardless their age, religion, gender, cultural heritage, sexual orientation, or disability will be considered.
For more information and to submit applications (motivation letter, CV, copy of diplomas with grades, academic writing sample), please email Dr. Ruta Lasauskaite email@example.com
EURAXESS offer ID: 403590
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.