ORGANISATION/COMPANYTallinn University of Technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/06/2019 16:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tallinn
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
We offer 4-year PhD position in accounting.
Proposed PhD topic: Public Sector Accounting changes and its impact in practice on stakeholders.
Supervisors: Professor Istemi Demirag, Dr. Mari Avarmaa
The project will look into the current issues of accounting technology in the Estonian public sector ( could be in a number of sectors like, health, transport or education) and examine what changes are taking place and what the consequences of these accounting changes are and what impact these are having on the users and prepares of the accounting systems. This will also involve examining general government perspectives on political economy and how these objectives are being implemented into government policies as well as individual ministries.
What we offer
The selected candidate will work closely with Professor Istemi Demirag in the Department of Business Administration at TalTech, who is a leading international expert in the field of management control and performance evaluations in Public–Private Partnerships and other Hybrid organisational forms. The PhD candidate will be expected to study in an area which seeks to critically understand performative, regulative and legitimacy role(s) of Accounting in a number of organisations and institutions.
Who do we look for
Applications are invited from candidates with an interest in, but not limited to, research themes in good governance and trust, accountability, corporate social responsibility, performance management and control, sustainability and/or environmental accounting issues in the private sector, public sector management and/or not-for-profit organisations. Interest in Public–Private Partnerships or Hybrid Organisational forms in the Baltic and Nordic states is also desirable. The selected candidate is expected to conduct small scale teaching related activities under supervision.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
The applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
- Candidates are required to hold a Masters degree, or its equivalent, from a university in the relevant business area or in other related social science subjects
- Applicants should be fluent in English in speaking and writing
- Applicants should be engaged and ready to work independently, but also be interested in contributing to the accounting research group, led under the direction of Professor Istemi Demirag
- Previous background in accounting, sociology, applied psychology or organisational behaviour is desirable, but any other related discipline would also be considered
- The post is suitable to someone with qualitative research skills and research methods in social science with an ability and interest in conducting interviews with senior managers in the private and public sectors, analyse narrative data and write up case studies
- The candidate should be able to communicate well with local businesses, government departments, ministries and academic community
- The candidate should be interested in developing the accounting group’s already well established international academic networks.
- Person specific characteristics will be taken into account
- Applicants should have an interest in reading peer-reviewed international journals and provide evidence of excellent academic writing skills.
- It is considered an advantage if the candidate has interest in or the potential to research in the field of critical studies in accounting.
The following application documents are required:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of the required diploma (MA) or other document providing evidence of the necessary qualification
EURAXESS offer ID: 401047
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.