RESEARCH FIELDLanguage sciences › Languages
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/05/2019 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Wrocław
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK8
The Dean of the Faculty of Letters of Wroclaw University
invites applications in the competition
for the position of assistant professor (adiunkt) in the Department of Romance Studies (Sub-department of Italian Studies) of Wrocław University.
To be eligible applicants have to meet the terms and conditions stipulated in the Polish Higher Education and Science Act of July 20 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1668, as amended).
The start date for the position is 1st October 2019.
I. A successful candidate has to meet the following conditions:
- PhD degree in humanities in the field of linguistics;
- academic achievements in the field of Italian linguistics;
- plans for academic development;
- experience in academic teaching in the field of Italian linguistics and Italian as a foreign language;
- fluent knowledge of Italian and Polish both in speaking and in writing;
- willingness to teach Italian as a foreign language at the CEFR levels A1 to C2;
- he search committee will also consider the following additional criteria: research interests in comparative linguistics, specially Italian; experience in translation; experience in teaching translation and interpertation; experience in editorial work as well as in organizing research and cultural events; knowledge of English at B2 level.
- A successful application has to contain:
- cover letter addressed to the Rector of Wrocław University;
- personal data questionnaire;
- copy of the doctoral diploma;
- overview of the applicant’s research and teaching record, organizational experience;
- list of publications;
- description of planned research (project presenting the object and aim of the research, underlining the novelty and importance of the project compared to the existing state of research);
- at least one review of the applicant’s research, teaching and organizational record submitted by a scholar holding a post-doctoral degree (doctor habilitatus) or state professor degree in humanities, excluding the PhD thesis supervisor;
- a personal programme of lectures on Italian Language Descriptive Grammar (30 lective hours, BA or MA studies);
- declaration stating that if selected, the successful applicant will designate Wrocław University as his / her primary place of employment;
- any other supporting documents relevant for the application.
All documents have to be signed by the applicant
- Applications are to be submitted by 9th of May 2019, 12 p.m. to the administrative office of Department of Romance Studies, pl. Bp. Nankiera 4, 50-140 Wrocław.
IV. The competition is to be decided on 10th of May 2019.
The cover letter must contain the following clause: “I do consent to processing the personal data provided in my application for the purpose of the search procedure and providing information about the results of the competition. I acknowledge that the administrator of personal data is the University of Wroclaw, plac Uniwersytecki 1, 50-137 Wrocław. I have knowledge that providing data is voluntary, but necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected (in accordance with the Act of 10 May 2018 on the protection of personal data, Journal of Laws of 2018 item 1000)”.
Dean of the Faculty of Letters
* The Dean reserves the right to void the competition without stating the reason.
EURAXESS offer ID: 400250
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.