RESEARCH FIELDCommunication sciencesEngineeringPhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/05/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Planegg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/07/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER812719
The VRACE (Virtual Reality Audio for Cyber Environments) deals with analysis, modelling and reconstruction of dynamic 3-dimensional soundscapes for applications in Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). The ESRs participate in a PhD program and receive an international PhD training for excellence organized by 9 cooperating Universities and their industrial partners, such as Siemens, Müller-BBM, Sennheiser and Facebook Reality Labs. General information about VRACE can be found on the consortium website: http://vrace-etn.eu/.
Müller-BBM is one of the leading companies for consultancy, expertise, measurements and planning for buildings, environment and technology. Müller-BBM´s room acoustic group provides support for the realization, of cultural buildings like concert halls, opera houses or multi-purpose venues.
- Practical and close insight in concert hall and opera house design as well as measurement and simulation techniques
- Opportunity to perform most applicable research works
- Undertake multidisciplinary training and research programme at conferences and individually organized workshops in the EU and US within the VRACE project
- Opportunity to include doctoral studies in collaboration with e.g. Detmold University of Music
- Salary according to EU regulations of approx. € 2.600.00 living allowance + € 600.00 mobility allowance monthly. For fellows who have family at the time of recruitment a family allowance at a monthly rate of € 500.00 is granted. Allowances are before employee deductions (contributions to social security, pension, individual taxation, etc).
- Funding for participation to courses, workshops, international conferences etc. will in addition be covered within the VRACE project
The applicant shall at the time of recruitment be in the first four years of his/her research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. This is measured from the date when the applicant obtained the degree, which would formally entitle him/her to register as PhD candidate.
The applicant may be of any nationality.
However, the applicant must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity in the country of the host institute for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment.
Please send the following application documents to email@example.com
- Motivation letter
- Study record, including the MSc / MA / Diploma degree certificate
- Confirmation that EU eligibility criteria might apply
For informal enquiries regarding the position please contact Dr. Eckard Mommertz (Eckard.Mommertz@mbbm.com).
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply; the VRACE network strives to improve gender balance in research.
Application period is effective from April 15th 2019. The evaluation process of the applications will start from May 15th 2019. The starting date is flexible between July 1st and September 1st 2019.
Please be aware that - in accordance with the VRACE Grant Agreement and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - your CV may be shared with the named beneficiaries within the consortium, as part of the application review process.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalentCommunication sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- M. Sc., Diploma or equivalent in engineering, physics, communication science or similar
- Basic knowledge in room acoustics, psychoacoustics, audio signal processing and/or practical musical background is an advantage.
- Experience in FEM/BEM methods as well as programming skills (e.g. C/C++, Python) are essential for this Research
- Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Team work capability and communication skills are prerequisites
- Ability to travel within the project is assumed
EURAXESS offer ID: 399966
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.