RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › OtherComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/04/2019 12:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Porto
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER722148
- You hold a Master degree (with Distinction) or 4-Year First Class or High II (1) Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in bioinformatics.
- You pass the eligibility criteria for ESRs (see below)
- You have good oral and written communication skills in English
- You have good organisational and planning skills
- You are stimulated by challenging scientific and technical problems and have a highly motivated, persistent and result-driven attitude
- You can work well both independently and in a team environment, with a sense of responsibility.
Technical skills required:
- The ideal candidate should have proficiency on the following points: Linux/Unix environment, command line tools and in the programming languages Python and/or R.
- Additionally, the candidate should have knowledge and experience with tools and pipelines for next-generation sequencing analysis, including short-read mapping, expression quantification, genome and transcriptome assembly and differential expression analysis (e.g. tophat, BWA, cufflinks, RSEM, samtools, DESeq, IGV, etc).
- Knowledge of machine learning methodologies (both supervised and unsupervised methods) in R or Python is a plus.
- A full-time position as an ESR/PhD researcher for 2 years, during which it is intended that a PhD project is started, provided positive evaluation
- A position in a Start-up Company that works inside a Research Institute
- A dynamic and stimulating environment merging Research and Industry
- Collaboration with-and secondments to-research groups both nationally and internationally, e.g. for transfer of knowledge and technical skills
- Support in the development of transferable skills
- Salary is fixed based on EU provisions within the ITN TRAIN-EV.
- Cover Letter (1x A4 page) including a statement of reason and motivation for pursing an Early Stage Research position with TRAIN-EV
- Curriculum Vitae, including letters of reference from at least two referees who have been substantially involved in your previous education or employment
- Documentary evidence of current academic qualifications
Eligibility criteria for ESRs:
a.) Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs): shall, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
b.) Mobility Rule: at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the 1st May 2019
Deadline for application: 20th April 2019
EURAXESS offer ID: 397285
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.