ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Music Detmold
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/05/2019 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONGermany › Detmold
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK39,83
REFERENCE NUMBERMARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER" 812719
Detmold University of Music is seeking an
Early-Stage Researcher (ESR)
in the field of Music Acoustics
for the duration of 36 months at the next possible opportunity. The position is focusing on “Complex sources and musical ensembles – psychoacoustic assessment of virtual sound fields” within the project VRACE (Virtual Reality Audio for Cyber Environments) which is an Innovative Training Network (ITN), funded under the Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action of the European Commission.
- Investigation of the interaction of small ensembles such as quartets with variable room acoustic conditions
- Investigation of the effect of variable reverberance and reflections on the performance of ensembles
- Study of individual and joint radiation characteristics with respect to different acoustic environments
- Combine wave field analysis and synthesis of orchestra and ensemble sounds with sensory evaluation of quality parameters
Tasks and methodology:
- Review latest objective and subjective assessment methods in room- and psychoacoustics
- Design and perform measurements and listening tests in different acoustic environments
- Conventional and auditory related evaluation of room acoustical and musical parameters in laboratory, on stage, and in auditoria
- Performance and sound field evaluation with recorded/synthesized sound fields
Required skill set
All candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English. The research is highly multidisciplinary. An ideal candidate has a master degree in engineering or in an equivalent field (e.g. acoustics, sound engineer, Tonmeister, communication science, electronics, or physics) and an adequate musical background.
- Specific experience with psychoacoustics and room acoustic measurements and/or simulation methodologies and software tools is an advantage.
- Knowledge in acoustics of rooms and music perception is highly welcome.
- Knowledge of Matlab is an advantage.
- All members of the network are equal opportunity employers, both female and male candidates are invited to apply.
The research activities will mainly be carried out at Partner Detmold University of Music, located in Detmold, Germany, possibly combined with research visits and/or short-term secondments to other members of the network. The remuneration will be in line with the national legislation and EC rules for Marie Curie grant holders and consists of a salary augmented by a net mobility allowance.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to inscribe in the doctoral study program “Musikalische Akustik” at HfM Detmold.
MARIE CURIE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Among others, the following criteria apply for eligibility of Early-Stage Researchers:
- An ESR must, at the date of recruitment by the beneficiary, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date.
Please find detailed information on
- job description at hfm-detmold.de/freie-stellen ein.
- project VRACE at http://www.vrace-etn.eu
- Guide for Applicants in ITNs at http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/other/guides_fo... or
- contact Prof. Dr.-Ing. Malte Kob (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please apply at hfm-detmold.de/freie-stellen and add a detailed CV together with a letter of motivation and a letter of reference by 12.05.2019.
Please note that your application (cv, letter of motivation) might be shared within the consortium of VRACE to offer the best options for secondments within Europe.
EURAXESS offer ID: 397196
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.