ORGANISATION/COMPANYNicolaus Copernicus University
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/04/2019 15:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Toruń
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Only those who meet the requirements set out in Article 109 (1) of Higher Education Act of 27 July, 2005 (Journal of Laws No. 164, Item 1365 as amended) (art. 109 ust. 1 ustawy z dnia 27 lipca 2005 r. - Prawo o szkolnictwie wyższym (Dz. U. Nr 164, poz. 1365, z pózn. zmianami)) and the following eligibility criteria may enter the contest:
• A PhD in physics or astronomy, and good knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Significant international experience in astronomy and astrophysics research.
• Specialisation in stellar astrophysics and/or exoplanets and/or the interstellar medium.
• The ability to lecture in English.
The Centre for Astronomy (CA) of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń (Poland) welcomes applications from world-class researchers for two adjunct (research associate) tenure track faculty positions.
The priority areas are exoplanets, stellar astronomy and the interstellar medium. However, we emphasize that the positions are open to researchers in other fields of astronomy and astrophysics. We welcome applications from both theorists and observers.
These research positions include teaching responsibilities. It is expected that the two new faculty members will contribute to the strategic goals of CA through excellence in research, teaching, and other professional activities. They will be vigorous drivers of CA research programs, will win grants, supervise graduate students and teach undergraduates.
We offer a tenure-track type contract. The salary of the successful candidate will be comparable to that of Polish researchers in the same career stage. Additional benefits are negotiable.
- Cover letter
- Personal questionnaire for the person applying for employment (download here)
- Professional curriculum vitae
- Copy of higher education diploma
- Copy of doctorate certificate
- Information about scientific, didactic and organizational achievements (abstract comprising candidate's most important areas of research, and scientific, educational, and other achievements)
- List of publications (including the publishing house/journal, year of publication, and page number)
- Declaration under art. 109 ust. 1 ustawy Prawo o szkolnictwie wyższym (o niekaralności) (Art. Paragraph 109 (1) of the Higher Education Act (of no criminal record)) (download here)
- Declaration that Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń will be my primary employer once I have won the contest (download here)
- Declaration of consent to the processing of personal data contained in the job offer for the needs of the recruitment process, in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of The Council od 27 April 2016 (L119/1) (download here)
- Research plan
- At least two (max three) reference letter(s).
Please submit the aforementioned documents to the e-mail address: dyrekcja.ca [at] umk.pl. The formal deadline of this application is 15 April 2019. Applications after the deadline will be considered if the position is not yet filled. Successful candidates are expected to start the position between 1 June 2019 and 1 September 2019. The application should be addressed to Professor Andrzej Tretyn, Rector of the Nicolaus Copernicus University. After a preliminary selection, a shortlist of candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria will be invited for an interview, in person or online. The application should refer to WFAiIS-2/CA/2019.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELAstronomy: PhD or equivalentPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
EURAXESS offer ID: 386554
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.