ORGANISATION/COMPANYParis Lodron-University of Salzburg
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/03/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Salzburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2019
GZ B 0007/1-2019
At the Paris Lodron University Salzburg / Department of Classical Studies of the Faculty of Cultural and Social Sciences a five-year university professorship in Classical Archaeology is to be filled from October 1, 2019.
The future holder of the position will represent Classical Archaeology in research and teaching across the entire spectrum of the subject and its sub-disciplines, contribute to the study programmes of the department and supervise theses in the main areas of the discipline. Candidates are expected to provide evidence of qualified lecturing and publishing activities on topics related to both Greek and Roman archaeology. In particular, the willingness, ability and experience to continue the Aegina Colonna research projects in planning and execution as director of excavations are expected, as is the willingness to raise third-party funds and to promote research on the early settlement of Aegina. In addition, interest in and experience with scientifically supported excavation and research methods as well as interdisciplinary research are expected.
General Job Requirements:
- an earned doctorate/PhD degree or foreign equivalent in the respective disciplines
- an earned ‘Habilitation’/‘venia docendi’ or equivalent academic qualifications in the respective disciplines
- an excellent aptitude and track record in creative research that shows in respective publications and a firm integration into the academic community
- pedagogic and didactic competence and experience
- a firm integration into the academic community
- high level of professionalism and ability to offer leadership for the university
- Good knowledge of German, both written and spoken
- involvement in teaching and research cooperation university-wide and their continuous re-development
- willingness to cooperate in university committees and in university self-administration
- experience in modern academic research management and in the acquisition of external project-funding
- collaborative and team-building skills
- willingness to take a share in the faculty and departmental administration
- teaching and examining required in English
The University of Salzburg seeks to increase the proportion of its female staff and, therefore, invites applications from female candidates. Given equal qualification women will receive preference in employment. People with disabilities or chronic illnesses who fulfil the job requirements are also expressly invited to apply.
Expenses for travel and accommodation incurred in the job application cannot be refunded.
In order to be valid, applications are to contain the following enclosures: brief survey of research and teaching projects, CV, degree certificates, lists of publications and of courses taught, teaching evaluation records, didactic certificates, external funding acquired, as well as further relevant activities. Applications should be addressed to the president of Salzburg University, Univ.-Prof. Dr. Heinrich Schmidinger, and must be sent by e-mail to email@example.com by 27.03.2019.
Further information can be obtained from the Head of Department, Prof. Dr. Dorothea Weber (+43 662/8044-4300 or 4303).
EURAXESS offer ID: 385807
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.