RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE26/03/2019 16:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONFrance › TOULOUSE
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2019
REFERENCE NUMBER61-27 MCF 0078-4076
Job profile : Critical Communicating Autonomous Systems
Abstract : INSA Toulouse recruits an assistant professor in the domain of Critical Communicating Autonomous Systems. The demanded skills concern autonomous systems based on advanced low-power hardware architectures and operating systems for communicating objects or embedded systems. The research concerns autonomous CPS.
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department of INSA Toulouse recruits an assistant professor in the domain of Critical Communicating Autonomous Systems, applied to the context of cyber-physical systems.
The candidate will have to join and reinforce the present educational teams and develop new teachings:
- at bachelor level (1st, 2nd and 3rd year) in the curricula concerning “Modeling, Computer Science and Communications” (MIC in French) and “Materials Engineering, Components and Systems” (IMACS in French) ;
- at master level in the curricula “Automatic Control and Electronics” (AE in French) and “Computer Science and Communication Networks” (IR in French)) and more specifically at master 2 level in Innovative Smart Systems and Critical Embedded Systems.
More precisely, the demanded skills concern autonomous systems based on advanced low-power hardware architectures, as well as operating systems for communicating objects or critical embedded systems.
Additional skills in the areas below will be appreciated:
- object-oriented design and programming
- databases and knowledge bases
- optimization and decision in constrained environments (computing resources, energy, ...) or in uncertain / partially known environments.
The future Associate Professor will be asked to teach some classes in English. He/she can be asked to set-up new online classes like MOOC/SPOC and participate to ongoing professional education. He/she will be also asked to participate to the administrative tasks, as all the other colleagues in the department.
- Research Fields :
Autonomous cyber-physical systems : machine learning, interaction, optimisation, validation
The autonomous systems aim to accomplish different tasks without human supervision in various execution contexts. These systems are heterogeneous, opened, connected, constrained and highly dynamic. They have to interact each other but also with their environment which is partially modeled, uncertain and dynamic. In this context, a high level of decisional autonomy is required. So their design, validation and implementation lead to solve challenging problems. Moreover in cyber-physical systems, interactions between hardware and software architectures are essential, so their cross development is the major driver for the autonomous systems.
Skills demanded concern one or more objectives stated below:
- the design of efficient algorithms, based on machine learning (deep learning, reinforcement learning …) and mathematical optimization under uncertainties to achieve system decisional autonomy. These methods will lead to improve the system performances, autonomy and adaptability. In this context, the skills demanded concern the diagnosis, control, planning scheduling, perception and motion generation;
- the development of resilience or formal verification techniques for critical systems, or the implementation of service-oriented architectures (Machine to Machine) and the data and knowledge management (ontologies). The demanded skills concern fault tolerance algorithms, run-time supervision, verification and testing, evaluation and assessment of confidence, service-oriented architectures and software virtualization for the design and deployment of next generation autonomous communicating systems to ensure their dynamical reconfiguration.
This job position concerns a team belonging to one of the four departments:
- Decision and Optimization (DO)
- Crucial Computing (IC)
- Networks and Communication (RC)
- Robotics (ROB)
These research activities belong to an interdisciplinary LAAS axis on autonomous systems for ambient intelligence and cyberphysical systems and/or energy management systems and/or space systems.
The future Assistant Professor will be asked to participate to administrative / collective tasks (such as course responsibility, bachelor/master year responsibility), to teachings forums to promote our department, to student recruitment committees and other different department tasks.
EURAXESS offer ID: 380961
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.