ORGANISATION/COMPANYCyprus University of Technology
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Computer systems
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/03/2019 21:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCyprus › Limassol
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK15
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER823997
Applications are invited for one (1) Research Associate position (Research Scientist Specialist Scientist C’) at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Informatics of the Cyprus University of Technology for part-time work in the field of “a Security ECONomics service platform for smart security investments and cyber insurance pricing in the beyonD 2020 netwOrking era” for the SECONDO research project under the call “Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions, Research and Innovation Staff Exchanges” of the HORIZON 2020 research framework programme.
The main purpose of the SECONDO project is to optimize decisions on cyber-security investments and insurance pricing. Simply put, the program aims to support professionals seeking investment in cyber security. It is a top-of-the-line research problem, as the rapid development of cyber-attacks is expected to continue its upward course.
SECONDO therefore proposes a unique, scalable, highly interoperable platform that encompasses a comprehensive cost-driven methodology for: (i) estimating cyber risks based on a quantitative approach that focuses on both technical and non-technical aspects, (e.g. users behaviour), that influence cyber exposure; (ii) providing analysis for effective and efficient risk management by recommending optimal investments in cyber security controls; and (iii) determining the residual risks and estimating the cyber insurance premiums taking into account the insurer’s business strategy, while eliminating the information asymmetry between the insured and insurer.
The aim of the SECONDO research scientist specialist position is to combine statistical and technical knowledge to develop innovative cyber-security software and developing algorithms that will help users to make decisions on investment, risk-pricing, and pricing of insurance.
The SECONDO project involves the University of Piraeus, University of Surrey, Cyprus University of Technology, UBITECH LTD, LSTech, Cromar Insurance Brokers LTD, Fogus Innovations & Services P.C.
The Cyprus University of Technology participates in the above program with the NetSySci Lab (https://netsysci.cut.ac.cy/) under the umbrella of the Social Informatics Research Center (https://www.socialcomputing.eu/).
The successful applicants should be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of CS theory as well as outstanding software implementation skills.
Funding prospects: The selected candidate will be funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 framework program.
The monthly gross salary of the applicant will amount to € 1,316.25. The employment will be for six (6) months with the prospective of renewal and an increase in the hours of work, and therefore the monthly salary. The successful applicant should be able to start on April 2, 2019, until the end of the project on 31 December 2022. It is important to note that a 13th salary is also provided and incorporated in proportion to the monthly remuneration.
Applications must be submitted to HRecruits@cut.ac.cy with the subject: "Application for the position of Research Associate (SPECIAL SCIENTIFIC FOR RESEARCH - RESEARCHER C) in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Informatics in the subject "Intelligent Investment and cyber insurance pricing"", no later than Friday, March 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm. which will be the last date for the submission of applications.
The interested applicants should submit the following:
- Letter in which they declare their interest and which clearly shows the date on which they can take up duties
- Brief review of their research work and brief description of their future scientific plans (up to 2 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English and / or Greek), which includes the applicant's contact details
- Evidence of their qualifications
- Names of two individuals from whom recommendations may be requested
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Informatics
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Specialized knowledge in related subjects (Computer Science).
- Familiar with Mechanical Learning or Statistics or Cryptography will be considered an additional qualification.
- Very good knowledge of database systems.
- Familiar with blockchain technology is considered an asset.
- Very good theoretical background on computers, C / C ++ or Java or PHP or Python.
- Extensive programming experience in high-level language.
- Organizational skills.
- Very good knowledge of the English language
- Knowledge of the Greek language will be considered an additional skill.
- Experience in the processing of research related to the subject will be considered an additional qualification.
- Master's Degree is an additional asset.
- Desirous of intending to enroll in a doctoral program in subject specialty at the Cyprus University of Technology.
EURAXESS offer ID: 380414
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.