ORGANISATION/COMPANYCyprus University of Technology
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Computer systems
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/03/2019 21:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCyprus › Limassol
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK15
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER824015
Applications are invited for one (1) Research Associate position (Research Scientist Specialist Scientist C’) at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Informatics of the Cyprus University of Technology for part-time work in the field of “IdeNtity verifiCatiOn with privacy-preservinG credeNtIals for anonymous access To Online services” for the INCOGNITO (https://incognito.socialcomputing.eu/) research project under the call “Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions, Research and Innovation Staff Exchanges”, and/or in the fields of “Identity Management, Privacy and Disinformation” for the CONCORDIA (https://www.concordia-h2020.eu/) research project under the call “Cybersecurity SU-ICT-2018-2020”. Both research projects are funded by the European Commission, under the HORIZON 2020 research framework programme.
The main purpose of INCOGNITO project is to develop a user-friendly authentication system that offers secure digital identity, privacy, and anonymity through the use of anonymous credentials. The program aims at designing and implementing an infrastructure that supports the anonymity of the user by using cryptographic anonymous credentials as well as Federated Login solutions. Also, this system, which can be a central entity, or distributed using blockchain, enables the user to consolidate, manage, and verify their identity safely by using physical identity documents and online accounts on the Internet.
The INCOGNITO consortium includes the University of Piraeus, Cyprus University of Technology, the certSIGN computer security provider, the telecommunication operator Telefonica, LSTech, and KAIZEN Digital Services S.A. The ultimate goal of the program is to evaluate the aforementioned technologies by end-users. More information on the work already done in this area by Cyprus University of Technology can be found at the web site of the ReCRED (https://www.recred.eu/) research project, which has recently ended. Cyprus University of Technology was the technical manager of ReCRED.
Cyprus University of Technology main research fields in the CONCORDIA project are divided in three main pillars:
- Privacy: The protection of user personal data on the web and the detection of personal data leakages to unauthorized parties, mainly the ad-ecosystem. The research around this field aims to result to tools able to detect such user data leakages. In addition, methods should be proposed to tackle such problems, based on advanced machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Identity management: This part focuses on the management, authentication and verification of users’ identity on Online Social Networks (OSN). The researcher assigned to tackle this problem will research and acquire blockchain knowledge since a blockchain-based identity verification and management ecosystem is aimed to be built in order to allow users to consolidate, authenticate and verify their real-world identities without the need to trust a centralized authority for storing and managing their personal information.
- Cybersafety / Fake News: This part studies the detection of accounts (trolls/fake accounts) that disseminate disinformation on OSN. At the same time, it focuses on the analysis and detection of this information using advanced, innovative machine learning detection techniques.
In the CONCORDIA project participate big names in the areas of telecommunication namely, Telefonica and TELECOM Italia. In addition many well-known companies and organizations are part of the consortium, like AIRBUS, BMW, Siemens, and Caixa Bank. Also, distinctly recognized universities of Germany, Italia, Slovenia, Greece, Cyprus, England, Check Republic, Israel, Norway, Slovenia, Belgium, Holland, Luxemburg and France participate in this project.
More information on the work already done in this area by Cyprus University of Technology can be found at the web site of ENCASE (https://encase.socialcomputing.eu/) research project. Cyprus University of Technology is the Coordinator of ENCASE.
The Cyprus University of Technology participates in the above two programs with the NetSySci Lab (https://netsysci.cut.ac.cy/) under the umbrella of the Social Informatics Research Center (https://www.socialcomputing.eu/).
The Research Associate will acquire, through studies and research, expertise in Networked Systems, Security, Cybersafety and Large Scale Data Processing. He/she will be called to research and develop methods for large scale extraction of Online Social Network (OSN) information and perform analysis on that data.
The successful applicants should be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of CS theory as well as outstanding software implementation skills.
Funding prospects: The selected candidate will be funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 framework program.
The monthly gross salary of the applicant will amount to € 1,316.25. The employment will be for six (6) months with the prospective of renewal and an increase in the hours of work, and therefore the monthly salary. The successful applicant should be able to start on April 2, 2019, until the end of the project on 31 December 2022. It is important to note that a 13th salary is also provided and incorporated in proportion to the monthly remuneration.
Applications must be submitted to HRecruits@cut.ac.cy with the subject: "Application for the position of Research Associate (SPECIAL SCIENTIFIC FOR RESEARCH - RESEARCHER C) in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Informatics in the projects "INCOGNITO" and / or "CONCORDIA"", no later than Friday, March 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm. which will be the last date for the submission of applications.
The interested applicants should submit the following:
- Letter in which they declare their interest and which clearly shows the date on which they can take up duties
- Brief review of their research work and brief description of their future scientific plans (up to 2 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English and / or Greek), which includes the applicant's contact details
- Evidence of their qualifications
- Names of two individuals from whom recommendations may be requested
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Informatics
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Specialized knowledge in related subjects (Computer Science).
- Familiar with Mechanical Learning or Statistics or Cryptography will be considered an additional qualification.
- Very good knowledge of database systems.
- Familiar with blockchain technology is considered an asset.
- Very good theoretical background on computers, C / C ++ or Java or PHP or Python.
- Extensive programming experience in high-level language.
- Organizational skills.
- Very good knowledge of the English language.
- Knowledge of the Greek language will be considered an additional skill.
- Experience in the processing of research related to the subject will be considered an additional qualification.
- Master's Degree is an additional asset.
- Desirous of intending to enroll in a doctoral program in subject specialty at the Cyprus University of Technology.
EURAXESS offer ID: 380413
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.