RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesChemistry › BiochemistryMedical sciences › Medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/03/2019 12:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Kraków
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/06/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
REFERENCE NUMBERResearch assistant 2019-165
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER813920
The tasks of an employed person will include:
- planning and performing experiments aiming at functional, biochemical, molecular and cytometric analysis of primary endothelial cells and endothelial lines
- performing research of phenothype primary endothelial cells and endothelial lines with use of novel approach for biochemical assessment (supramolecular logic gates)
- application of metabolomics methods to validate endothelial cell pathology
- intravital cell studies and 3D cell models
- performing experiments of biological systems with use of spectroscopic method (e.g. Raman spectroscopy)
- analysis of the obtained results and preparation of cyclical reports
- compliance with the personal and scientific data protection
- compliance with the work discipline, bhp and fire safety rules
- care for entrusted laboratory and scientific equipment
- salary in accordance to the European Commision rules
- close collaboration with the Jagiellonian Centre of Experimental Therapeutics (JCET)
- access to the modern research equipment
- friendly, inspirational, interdisciplinary work environment.
- carrier development towards PhD degree
ESRs must not have resided in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date (and not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in that country) and be (at the date of recruitment) an ‘early stage researcher’ (i.e. in the first four years of his/her research career and not have a doctoral degree).
- letter of application with the announcement number,
- curriculum vitae,
- copy of diploma
- publications list (if applicable).
Each candidate is requested to apply his/her CV, job application letter (with number of the offer 2019-165 in its title) and publications list by email address: email@example.com
Please, include in your documents this statement:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 10 May 2018.”
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- M.Sci (or equivalent, enabling PhD studies) in the field of medical, pharmaceutical, biochemistry, chemistry, biotechnology or related sciences,
- high evaluation of the M.Sci thesis (or Bachelor thesis if that enabling PhD studies) or a distinguished master's/bachelor thesis,
- positive opinion of a scientific supervisor about predispositions for scientific research,
- knowledge in the application of the spectroscopic methods for measuring biological samples
- fluent knowledge of English in speech and writing.
- experience in interdisciplinary scientific research,
- knowledge in conducting in vitro experiments on the cellular systems,
- knowledge of the vascular endothelium physiology, pharmacology, biochemistry,
- authorship or co-authorship in scientific publications.
EURAXESS offer ID: 380243
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.