ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversite de Montpellier
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Biomaterial engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/08/2019 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Montpellier
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK36
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
- Context : The Data & Life Sciences initiative aims at offering services to life scientists in Montpellier and at contributing to the development of methods and software to analyze large-scale data in the fields of health, environment and agronomy. The initiative is hiring a pool of 3 research engineers. They will provide support to the community of life scientists in the area of data management and processing, in coordination with existing service activities at BioCampus, MBB, hospitals, ICM and IRCM platforms. We are looking for a motivated and talented bioinformatician who has a relevant experience in the domain of bioinformatics with respect to high-throughput technology data.
The candidate must be fluent in both written and spoken English and possess good presentation and communication skills. A PhD in bioinformatics would be an asset. He/She should be able to interact with people with diverse backgrounds and skills in bioinformatics and biology.
- Main mission :
- Depending on his/her profile, the successful candidate will apply his/her knowledge creatively to:
- statistical problems in the biological and health sciences, with a focus on, but not limited to, medical statistics, statistical genetics and
-implementation of inference models, if possible in R or other open-source programming language,
-perform bioinformatics analysis, with a focus on, but not limited to, high-throughput technologies and next-generation sequencing,
-use bioinformatics technology, essentially sequence analysis (DNA sequencing, sequence assembly, genome annotation, computational
evolutionary biology, comparative genomics, pan genomics…) and gene and protein expression, to analyze and integrate large-scale multi-omic
datasets in a collaborative setting,
-animate a group of engineers through the setup of seminars/meetings, participate to the elaboration of mini-courses.
- Activities :
- Technical consulting,
- Implementation/validation of existing packages,
- Data analysis,
- Development of novel packages,
- Tech watch,
- Communication on the available service.
Terms of recruitment :
Submit your CV and cover letter to the following address :
Applications (CV + Cover letter) shall also be sent to: email@example.com
End of applications submission : le 08/19/2019 - 12.00 pm
Contacts for any further information :
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentFRENCH: Good
- Bioinformatics tools to analyze omics data,
- Classical omics-data format (fastq, bam, cychp, etc),
- Good understanding of biological concepts.
Operational expertise :
- Programming skills in R, Python and C++,
- Practical experience with Galaxy,
- Project management, including dedicated tools,
- Good communication skills in French and English,
Required diploma :
- Ph.D. or Engineer’s Degree,
- Preferably in bioinformatics or computer science.
EURAXESS offer ID: 379055
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.