ORGANISATION/COMPANYFundació per a la Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
RESEARCH FIELDAnthropologyArtsBiological sciencesCommunication sciencesComputer scienceCultural studiesEconomicsEducational sciencesEngineeringGeographyHistoryInformation scienceJuridical sciencesLanguage sciencesLiteratureMathematicsMedical sciencesOtherPhilosophyPolitical sciencesPsychological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/03/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38,5
OFFER STARTING DATE03/06/2019
The aim of the scholarship programme is to promote stays in the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya for teaching and research doctors in any of the fields of work in the University, as well as the research centers. Up to six posts are being offered in the departments indicated in appendix I, for a period of three years.
The existence and scope of this aid will depend on the existence and availability of sufficient monetary resources for 3 years, renewable annually according to the evaluation procedure described in this scholarship programme.
- The right to obtain from the UOC all necessary support in the pursuit of the research activity.
- The right to use all UOC services and to participate in any of its activities, in line with internal regulations.
- The right to respond to UOC calls offering internal aid.
- Exercise the intellectual property rights deriving from their own research training activities, depending on their contribution, as established by the revised text of the Intellectual Property Act approved by Royal Legislative Decree 1/1996 of 12 April 1996, amended by Royal Decree 2/2018, of 13 April 2018.
- Receive the funding described in the "Provision and Method of Payment" section of this document.
- The right to renew the benefits of the contract in case it is interrupted for reasons of force majeure, as long as budgetary allowances so permit.
- The right to carry out activity in teaching, collaborative or hired R&I activity, always with previous approval of the Research and Innovation Commission, and in agreement with the requirements stipulated in this call.
- Make research visits to other centres. In each case, the Research and Innovation Commission will decide the appropriateness of other fellowships, and whether they imply the temporary suspension of the contract, with the corresponding pause in its economic compensation.
- In the case of maternity leave or leave for fostering or adoption (whether pre- or permanent adoption of children under the age of six), be entitled to the legally established benefits.
- Both during the period of interruption of the contract and during its renewal, 100% of the corresponding economic grant will be upheld. The period of renewal of the approved interruption cannot be prolonged for more than sixteen weeks beyond the end date of the hiring period.
- The working week is calculated as full time and consists of 38.5 hours. This is in agreement with the Regulatory Norm of the procedure regulating the hiring of postdoctoral researchers on the part of the UOC.
- 55% of the total assessment score (55 points) is based on the applicant's scientific achievements and research experience.
- 25% (25 points) corresponds to the rating of the project report and its degree of match with the research group and the UOC.
- 20% (20 points) is based on assessment of the host research group's mentor.
(For more information please, read the call rules)
The candidates will be selected by the Research and Innovation Committee. In assessing the applications, the Committee will take into account the aforementioned criteria.
The resolution of the selection of candidates considered for a grant will be made public from April 8, 2019. The notification will be done by means of an email sent to the email address indicated on the solicitude, and with the publication of the resolution on the UOC Research web. In a maximum of ten days after the resolution the beneficiary must proceed to formally accept the grant by means of a standardized document and the presentation of the corresponding documentation.
If those benefiting from the grant have not presented their acceptance documentation during the prescribed period as indicated in the previous section, it will be understood that they have renounced the grant.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
The beneficiary of this program may be any researcher who has obtained a doctoral degree after January 1, 2012, and before the deadline for submitting applications. Beneficiaries may include those who have obtained their doctoral degree after January 1, 2010, only if before the period of acceptance of the grant it can be demonstrated that the researcher in question has been on maternity leave, has been responsible for children under the age of six, or has been taking care of individuals with special needs of a physical, psychological or sensorial nature, or of a person or persons over the age of sixty-five years old, dependent upon the beneficiary and requiring special care.
Individuals with a doctoral degree from the UOC may also be beneficiaries of these grants if they fulfill the previously indicated requirements and are able to demonstrate they have had a postdoctoral fellowship at other universities or research centres for a period of at least two years.
Under no circumstances will the beneficiaries have been hired either under a labour or commercial contract by the UOC in the two years immediately preceding the date of publication of this scholarship programme.
EURAXESS offer ID: 379050
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.