ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica António Xavier ITQB NOVA
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesChemistry › Biochemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/03/2019 17:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Oeiras
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK35
Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica António Xavier (ITQB NOVA)
Call for a PhD Researcher
By order of the Rector of Universidade Nova de Lisboa, issued on 14th of January 2019, and in accordance with the Decree-Law nº 57/2016 of 29 August, with the amendment introduced by Law 57/2017 of 19 July, ITQB NOVA a call is open for a PhD Researcher, in the scope of a project financed by FCT, entitled “Unravelling the structure of membrane proteins involved in mycobacteria cell wall biosynthesis to develop novel anti-tuberculosis drugs and better understand resistance mechanisms”, reference PTDC/BIA-BQM/30421/2017.
Academic Qualifications: PhD in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry or Structural Biology.
General admission requirements:
1) PhD in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry or Structural Biology;
2) Co-authorship in scientific articles;
3) Proficiency in English, written and spoken.
Specific admission requirements:
1) Experience in molecular biology tools, protein production and biophysical characterization;
2) Experience in X-ray Crystallography or cryo-Electron Microscopy;
3) Experience in supervision of students;
4) Experience in writing articles and managing scientific projects.
Category and applicable legislation: PhD Researcher, salary index to the Single Salary Table (TRU) level 33, approved by Decreto-Regulamentar nº 11-A/2017, 29 November.
It is foreseen that the contract starts in March 2019. Employment contract for an uncertain term (according to the article 18, paragraph b), and paragraph 1 and 3 of article 6, DL No. 57/2016, of August 29, amended by Law No. 57/2017, of July 19, with an initial period of 6 months, eventually renewable up to a maximum of 3 years.
Documents required in the application:
Detailed Curriculum vitae;
Contact of two references;
Evaluation of application (Curriculum vitae and motivation letter, considering the evaluation criteria from Minute number 1) - 90%
Interview - 10%
- Doctor Margarida Archer Frazão, ITQB NOVA;
- Doctor José Brito, ITQB NOVA;
- Doctor João Vicente, ITQB NOVA;
- Doctor Ana Barbas, iBET (substitute member).
Submission and deadlines of applications: The application call starts on February 11th and ends on March 1st (5:00pm GMT), 2019.
All documents must be sent as a single PDF file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the reference 30421-07-2018-FCT in the subject.
Notification of Results: All candidates will be informed of the decisions by e-mail.
EURAXESS offer ID: 379039