ORGANISATION/COMPANYTechnical University Of Denmark
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biological engineeringBiological sciences › BiologyChemistry › BiochemistryTechnology › Biotechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/03/2019 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONDenmark › Kgs. Lyngby, Copenhagen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU Biosustain) is seeking a talented and highly motivated post-doctoral researcher for engineering plant-derived natural product biosynthesis in yeast as part of a multi-disciplinary consortium recently funded by EU. The consortium involves World-leading laboratories within natural product biosynthesis, chemical and metabolic engineering, as well as synthetic biology of microbial cell factories for fine chemical production.
The successful candidate will apply advanced synthetic biology tools, automated strain engineering, and multi-variate data analysis for refactoring and characterizing natural product biosynthesis in yeast in the Section for Synthetic Biology Tools for Yeast at DTU Biosustain, and be an integral part of the inter-sectorial and international consortium developing advanced methods for discovery of natural product biosynthetic pathway in plants and natural product biosynthesis in yeast cell factories. The candidate will work in close collaboration with the existing research and technical staff involved in natural product biosynthesis in yeast at DTU Biosustain, as well as the international collaborators in the consortium. The position will also require working with part of the business development and translational team to develop intellectual property.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Develop and implement engineering strategies for plant natural product biosynthesis in yeast
- Perform multi-variate analytical data analyses of yeast cell factories
- Write and publish research manuscripts in high-impact journals on obtained scientific results
- Develop intellectual property (IP) and support translational research efforts
- Active participation in strategic planning, including technical feasibility assessment of synthetic biology tools, for optimizing natural product biosynthesis in yeast
- Develop and maintain molecular biology SOPs for the team, incl. protocol development and streamlining of our laboratory infrastructure management system (Benchling)
- The Researcher will work in close collaboration with the other EU project scientists at in the Section for Synthetic Biology Tools for Yeast at DTU Biosustain, and with other project partners in the US and EU.
- PhD and 1-2+ years working in a relevant field (biochemistry, chemical engineering, systems biology, or related) is required
- Excellent skills in biochemistry, molecular biology and/or metabolic engineering is required
- Strong track-record and documented experience (eg. publications and/or patents) within the above-mentioned areas is required
- Strong team work mindset is required
- Strong organizational, writing, and presentation skills is required
- Proven track-record in multi-variate data analysis is required
- Preferred further qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of analytical chemistry data analysis is preferred
- Experience with Design-of-Experiment is preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems while maintaining a positive attitude is critical to success in this position
- Strong knowledge of microbial and/or plant metabolism is preferred
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The position is for 2 years. The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
Further information may be obtained from group leader of Section for Synthetic Biology Tools for Yeast, Co-Principal Investigator Michael Krogh Jensen (email@example.com) or Scientific Director Jay D. Keasling (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please submit your online application no later than 17 March 2019 (local time). Apply at www.career.dtu.dk
To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form. The following must be attached in English:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU Biosustain is an international research center of excellence developing next generation cell factories and bioprocesses for sustainable production of high-value chemical compounds as well as protein-based products. The center uses advanced metabolic engineering techniques and
computational biology ensuring efficient and cost-effective design and construction processes. The center’s activities are a balanced mix of basic and translational research, complemented by an emphasis on business development to facilitate commercialization of new cell factories and
associated technologies. DTU Biosustain offers state-of-the-art research facilities and assembles world leaders in the field thus offering a unique platform providing excellent talent development and career opportunities.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 6,000 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society, and our 11,200 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government and public agencies.
EURAXESS offer ID: 379035
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.