ORGANISATION/COMPANYCompetence Center of Food and Fermentation Technologies
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › BiochemistryChemistry › Instrumental techniquesChemistry › Organic chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/04/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONEstonia › Tallinn
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/08/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER813680
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
About host institution: The 21st century biological science and entrepreneurship meet in the Center of Food and Fermentation Technologies (CFFT). CFFT is an R&D company based on extensive use of modern analytical methods, systems biology and synthetic biology principles, aiming at development and introduction of innovative food and fermentation technologies.
Currently the center has a state-of-the-art laboratory, highly qualified personnel and necessary know–how. The center deals with research projects of biotechnology as well as food technology. Biotechnology and food technology-based R&D are very closely related in CFFT via the use of so–called ‘omics’ methods and in-depth knowledge and understanding of molecules and their behavior.
Early Stage Researcher is going to carry out research relevant to the European research project Innovative Network for Training in wAter and Food QUality monitoring using Autonomous SENSors and IntelligEnt Data Gathering and Analysis (AQUASENSE). The research involves testing various environment sensors (pH, Redox, Temp) in food and biotechnology applications. Research work will be conducted at the Centre of Food and Fermentation Technologies in Tallinn, PhD will be granted from TalTech university.
The scope of the research activities will cover:
- Test developed sensors on foodstuffs (pH, Redox, Temp) and on environmental applications. The sensors will be manufactured by other AQUASENSE project partners. The aim of the work is to determine the usability of electrochemical sensors in protein rich, fat rich environment, for example: milk and milk products, meat products, plant-based meat and milk analogs, wastewater measurements.
- Determination of sensitivity and cross-sensitivity of manufactured devices in foodstuffs
- The effect of intense cleaning to the performance of manufactured devices.
- Determination of real-life influence (factory environment) to the measurements. The task will include temperature, pressure, electromagnetic, mechanical noise effect to the measurements. Differences in lab measurements versus industry measurements. What are the artefacts and how can we avoid them? Similar measurement tasks are in focus as in the first bullet point.
- Dissemination of research results in local and international forum (reports, seminars, conference presentations and journal publications)
- Preparation of a PhD thesis
Early stage researcher will enroll PhD study program in biotechnology.
Salary: Gross salary 31155 EUR per annum.
Early stage researcher will receive an additional mobility allowance and, depending on personal circumstances, a family allowance.
Duration: the contract will be signed for 3 years.
Starting date of the engagement (contract): 01/08/2019.
Eligibility requirements. According to the regulations for mobility within the Marie Sklodowska Curie program, the researcher must not have carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of his/her host organization (in this case, Estonia) for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to recruitment. The researcher should not have obtained a PhD degree and should not have more than 4 year full-time or equivalent research experience since obtaining the degree which makes them eligible for starting the PhD degree.
Applicants should provide: Motivation letter, CV, Scanned master’s degree diploma, List of scientific publications (if any), in electronic form (PDF), to Mr. Martti Tamm email email@example.com This email can be used also for any questions related to this vacancy.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: Master Degree or equivalentBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
EURAXESS offer ID: 378923
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.