RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Archaeology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/02/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Gent
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
→ Apply until 19/02/2019 23:59 CET
→ Faculty of Arts and Philosophy
→ Department LW02 - Archaeology
→ AAP temporary appointment - 30%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 201901/LW02/PA/001
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- You will assist in the practice-based teaching at the department (i.e. organization, counseling and assessment of practical exercises and seminars), specifically in the discipline of Mediterranean Archaeology.
- You assist in the tutoring and evaluation of (research) papers and (bachelor and master) theses in the Dutch language program of Archaeology.
- You attribute to the internal and external services provided by the department in function of the educational tasks of the department (e.g. support of public events, representation on Sid-Ins, …)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a Master’s degree in Archaeology or an equivalent degree.
- You are involved in other professional activities related to archaeology and/or you have demonstrable experience that will allow you to contribute to the quality of the practice-based teaching in archaeology.
- You have demonstrable experience in the field of Mediterranean Archaeology of these periods more particularly, in order to guide students in practica and teaching sessions in these fields.
- You have demonstrable experience in a teaching assignment in the field concerned and in the guidance and assessment of students within training contexts of archaeological education.
- You have the necessary didactical, communicative and organizational skills to guide students in practica related to the field of in Mediterranean Archaeology.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a 2 year appointment OR an appointment which may be renewed indefinitely for five years at a time. Attention: You cannot be appointed for a cumulative percentage of more than 30% as a Teaching Assistant at Ghent University.
- Your appointment will start on 1 March 2019 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave (per year for a full-time employment), bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc.
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv in pdf format
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen/be/en).
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Roald Docter (Roald.Docter@UGent.be, +32 93310169).
EURAXESS offer ID: 375797
Posting organisation offer ID: 124286
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.