ORGANISATION/COMPANYArtinis Medical Sytems B.V.
RESEARCH FIELDNeurosciences › Neuroinformatics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/03/2019 12:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONNetherlands › ELST GLD
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE03/06/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER813483
Our goal is to make the world a little bit better. We believe we are doing this by development of innovative devices for neuroimaging, physiological performance and quality control. And you can be a part of it!
Artinis Medical Systems is an innovative, dynamic and globally operating company in the Netherlands. Artinis is the worldwide market leader in near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS). Our world leading (wearable) fNIRS-devices are used by the top companies and universities in this world. Fields of use are e.g. cognitive and clinical neuroscience, medical research, brain computer interfaces and sport applications. To continue our growth as a company, we are looking for a:
Early Stage Researcher (ESR) / Doctoral Student
As an ESR your task will entail data analysis for validation of our neonatal monitor device and development of machine learning algorithms for improving signal quality for neonatal monitoring. The end goal is to transfer these methods into clinical practice in collaboration with our clinical partners. Together with colleagues at Artinis and other collaborators, your work also further includes design of a multimodal monitoring software, data collection of clinical measurement and multimodal data fusion. You will pursue a Ph.D. degree at University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands. The prerequisite is a Master’s degree in a relevant academic area such as applied mathematics, medical imagine, computer science, physics, biomedical or electrical engineering or a similar discipline. Good programming expertise in Matlab and/or Python is required. The working language is English. Your merits will be assessed in a personal interview, which invitation will depend on the basis of the quality of Master’s level studies and thesis, previous experience with numerical mathematics, algorithm and software development, motivation and research interests.
You will be part of the INFANS consortium, a Marie Skłodowska-Curie ITN funded by the European Commission Horizon2020 program, focusing on the training The MOTION ITN-MSCA consists of academic and corporate partners from Germany, Italy, Finland, Belgium and Iceland, which contribute to the scientific training of the ESRs, promoting their creativity, teamwork capacity, and strive for excellence to create the ideal PhD for a demanding market in the medical world.
Conditions of employment
The salary, based on the Marie Curie Program regulations, is competitive and consists of a living and mobility allowance and a possible family allowance. In addition, you might be eligible to the 30%-tax-ruling in the Netherlands (entailing that 30% of your salary might be tax-free).
If desired, this position is equivalent to a PhD-student position, with the possibility to be awarded a doctoral degree at Radboud University Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
Artinis Medical Systems is an innovative Dutch company active in the field of medical research and quality assurance, and developments in the field of near infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) devices. In this project, Artinis Medical Systems will provide unique expertise in the application of (functional) NIRS to image brain activation. Their fNIRS devices can be used to monitor oxygen supply and consumption non-invasively in living tissue (both brain and muscle). Artinis Medical Systems is the only European company that has succeeded in producing high quality and versatile fNIRS devices with the potential to revolutionize peripheral brain imaging. These devices complement fMRI studies but free the researcher from the confines of a scanner, allowing imaging studies in restricted environments, such as neonatal care units. You will be supervised by one of the CEO’s of the company, Dr. Willy Colier, and the project leader Dr. Jörn M. Horschig. The project will be in close collaboration with Dr. Jeroen Dudink from University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands. If pursuing a PhD degree, the degree will be awarded by the Radboud University Nijmegen, Netherlands.
Please apply with a letter of motivation (1 page max.) and a curriculum vitae. Applications and questions should be addressed to Rosita van Lunteren (Email: email@example.com, Phone: +31 481 350 980).
- ·You hold a Master’s degree with good grades and a background in biomedical sciences or similar, with strong skills in mathematics and computers or a background in (applied) mathematics, physics or computer science with knowledge of human physiology, the human hemodynamic system and the human brain
- You have excellent skills in written and spoken English
- · You have shown good analytical and problem-solving skills
- · You are able to think of and design efficient algorithms from scratch
- · You are an independent worker and a team-worker
- · You enjoy integrating in a nice team with a great atmosphere
- · You thrive well in a company with a flat hierarchy system
- · You deliver on time
- · You know when to be determined and ambitious and when to be flexible and pragmatic
- · You must comply with the eligibility criteria and transnational mobility rules for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks, such as:
- At the time of recruitment, you shall be in the first four years of your research careers (full-time equivalent) and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Trans-national mobility (i.e. move from one country to another) is an essential requirement of Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks. Researchers can be of any nationality. At the time of recruitment, you must not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc) in the Netherlands for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- You must also be prepared to be seconded for prior planned short periods to other network partners to carry out part of your work (from several weeks up to three months).
The application must be in pdf format. Also you have to put INFANS software on the application.
EURAXESS offer ID: 375619
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.