ORGANISATION/COMPANYAustrian Academy of Sciences, The Institute for Oriental and European Archaeology (OREA)
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › ArchaeologyHistory › Prehistory
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/04/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The Institute for Oriental and European Archaeology (OREA) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna (https://www.orea.oeaw.ac.at/) is offering a
Group Leader Position (f/m)
in European Prehistoric Archaeology with focus on the Metal Ages
We are searching for an outstanding scientist in European prehistoric archaeology with focus on the Metal Ages. Essential prerequisite for the position is
- outstanding expertise in the Urnfield Culture Period
- extensive experience as field director of archaeological excavations
- management experience of open access databases and long term data repositories
- superior mastery of German and Slavic Languages
- long-term research and excavation experience in Central Europe and the Balkans
- established and well-functioning scientific networks in South-East Europe
- management experience of long-term research projects
Successful candidates are expected to manage the Long Term Research Program Urnfield Culture Networks and prove adequate experience in a similar position. They are equally expected to establish vigorous research programs and to collaborate closely with research groups at OREA and European Universities and research units, as well as to broaden or complement the existing research activities. Candidates should have experience in successful acquisition of third party funded research projects and implementation and accomplishment of the same at a university or comparable research institution. A successful candidate will be responsible for the scientific performance of the research group and its members and the financial and structural conduct of the research group. The support and training of young scholars, supervision of graduating students and the supervision and support of their scientific input to the group’s overall aims is part of the candidate’s portfolio. An active publication strategy is implicit.
- a full time employment (40h/week) for one year, with the possibility for a permanent position
- an annual gross salary of at least € 47.332,60, according to the salary scale of the Austrian Academy of Sciences. Depending on qualification and experience the salary can be negotiated
The application should contain:
- an academic curriculum vitae
- a letter of motivation and long-term career plan
- a brief description of research interests and research results & short outline of research plans for the next five years
- a list of publications
- three key publications judged by the applicant to be particularly relevant for the advertised position, together with a statement explaining their relevance for the development of the research area
- proof of academic success (PhD certificate and other relevant certificates and credentials)
- three letters of recommendation
Applicants are invited to send their application documents via e-mail as pdf attachments to the managing director of the Institute Oriental and European Archaeology, Prof. Dr. Barbara Horejs, at email@example.com with the reference “application for Group Leader Position at OREA” no later than April 15, 2019.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
EURAXESS offer ID: 375601
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.