RESEARCH FIELDEducational sciencesEngineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/02/2019 12:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONSpain › Zaragoza
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
CIRCE is currently looking for a PhD expert to join, complement and strengthen the Wind Energy team.
This expert must have more than 6 years of post-doctoral experience with at least two PostDoc years spent in prestigious research centres, participating and leading private and/or public projects related to O&M of wind farms, Big Data, Machine Learning, Reliability models, Failure detections with CMS, Performance Monitoring, Digital Twins, etc.
The candidate will join the CIRCE Wind EnergyGroup, which has worked in more than 20 projects related to Wind Resource Assessment, Performance Monitoring for the Operation and Maintenance of Wind Turbines, Power Performance Test and Wind Farm Management Cost Optimisation.
We offer a permanent position for you to join a high-tech internationally recognized Research Centre in which your talent, passion and expertise will be fostered. Our flexible and modern working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will enable a sustainable society for tomorrow, taking part of a young team, with high development potential in a highly collaborative working environment.
In addition to Excellence, CIRCE’s values are based on Compromise, Integrity, Respect and Persons Development. In this line, CIRCE is committed to employ disabled individuals and encourages them to apply. Furthermore, CIRCE is aiming for a higher proportion of women in technology and science, so we ask qualified female technologists and scientists to apply. Finally, CIRCE supports a family-friendly workspace. Therefore, applicants with children are highly welcome.
Interested candidates should send by email to Circe (email@example.com)
1) Full CV in Europass format and 1 page summary
2) Motivation letter (2 pages limit) indicating the motivation, understanding and knowledge on the topic of the position as well as its possible relation with the previous research experience of the candidate. In addition, please, integrate the following information:
- A description of the work you have performed on the Wind Energy area applied to O&M strategies, predictive maintenance and future of technology.
- A list of the events (e.g. Congress, Workshops for R&D results presentation, Infodays, etc.) in which you have participated in the last 2 years.
- Indicate if you have represented your entity or research group in any sector related association or forum (e.g. Technology plarform, Congress Committee, Fairs, Exhibitions Standardization bodies, etc.).
3) Electronic copy of the three more relevant publications of the candidate (peer reviwed articles, published deliverables, public reports, scientific news, etc.);
4) Up to three contacts persons that could act as references if needed.
Please send the email with the topic "[Electric Power Systems Expert]".
Applications will be continuously evaluated upon reception, and phone interviews will be organised with the selected candidates until the position is filled. Writting and speaking tests may be organized either face to face or online. Travel expenses for attending face to face interviews wil be covered by CIRCE if finally organized.
For any additional information, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary to be agreed upon during selection process
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentSPANISH: Good
- Results orientation
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Professional competencies and qualifications:
- SCADA Database. Big Data. Machine Learning
- Reliability models of critical elements of wind turbines. Degradation models. Component remaining useful life
- Innovative sensors and sensing techniques
- O&M decision support tools for wind farms and PV plants
- Predictive maintenance
- Energy assets management
EURAXESS offer ID: 374838