ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Ljubljana
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE24/04/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovenia › Ljubljana
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
- planning, organising and managing COMPETE activities
- establishment of an interdisciplinary research team covering micro-process engineering, microfabrication, micromachining and microfluidics-based research
- management of COMPETE team
- research work in line with the project goals
- analysis of current conditions and implementation of necessary structural changes
- implementation of an improved long-term human resources strategy aimed at promoting gender equality and the professional and career development of researchers
- increasing the research excellence of UL, linking UL and its researchers to industry
- applying for research funding, preparing project proposals
- promotion of UL with the aim of increasing its attractiveness and visibility
- technology transfer
- initiation and implementation of international projects and cooperation
- publishing of research
- directing the research focus of COMPETE towards the most appropriate research topics
- activities in education and establishment of new study fields at UL
- organisation of international summer schools and workshops
Under the acquired funding from the European Commission Work Programme Horizon 2020 – ERA Chair, a new Chair of Micro Process Engineering and Technology (COMPETE) is being established at the University of Ljubljana (UL), Slovenia. The centre combines micro-process engineering disciplines – (bio)chemical, mechanical and electrical engineering – with basic research in biophysics, (bio)chemistry and microbiology aiming to create new microfluidics-based solutions in biomedicine, biotechnology, food quality assessment and environmental protection. The position of ERA Chair Holder, as a head of the ERA Chair COMPETE, is open for applications. Potential applicants should be outstanding researchers experienced in research and human management as well as in fundraising.
The ERA Chair Holder will be engaged for the duration of the grant (until the end of 2023) in the position of a senior research fellow. As such, the ERA Chair Holder will lead her/his own research group and conduct independent research in the topic of her/his choice at COMPETE. For the duration of this project, the ERA Chair Holder will be free to hire postdoctoral associates as well as doctoral fellows from the budget of this project, as consulted with and approved by the Steering Committee and Project Coordinator. A willingness to collaborate with members of other groups at UL and with industrial and academic partners is expected.
The ERA Chair Holder will be expected to apply independently for research grants as soon as possible, i.e. she/he will submit research proposals to appropriate calls as they are made public, following her/his hiring. The ERA Chair Holder will be co-responsible for dissemination of the results and public outreach.
With the sustainability of the newly set-up COMPETE in mind, it is expected of the ERA Chair Holder to ensure the continuation of the centre after the duration of this project.
Information about the project: https://cordis.europa.eu/project/rcn/216370/en
Application deadline: 24 April 2019
Candidates should send applications with attached supporting documents to the e-mail address:
email@example.com or to the University of Ljubljana, Kongresni trg 12, 1000 Ljubljana. Applications should include in the contact details the candidate’s e-mail address.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- doctorate of science in a natural science or technical field
- valid habilitation title of scientific councillor for the field of natural or technical sciences. Candidates who hold a valid habilitation title at the University of Ljubljana or the title of guest researcher at the University of Ljubljana will meet the conditions. The position is also open to candidates who at the time of applying do not hold a valid title, but meet the conditions for election to the relevant title as laid down by the Criteria for Appointment to the Titles at UL. In this case, together with their application and CV they must submit a reference list of published material. The Selection Committee may then propose the initiation of the procedure for acquiring the title.
- fluent knowledge of English
- innovativeness, a sense for organising work, communicativeness
- international profile in science
- four years of work experience in at least one of the project fields: microfabrication technologies, (bio)chemical processes and cell analysis in microflow systems, microfluidics in medical applications (priority will be given to candidates with experience in multiple fields)
- proven experience in the application for and management of international research and industrial projects
- proven capacity for work and tasks in the job description
- probationary period: 3 months
EURAXESS offer ID: 373395
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.