ORGANISATION/COMPANYMedImmune UK Ltd
RESEARCH FIELDPharmacological sciences › Clinical pharmacology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/02/2019 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONUnited Kingdom › Cambridge
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER764698
QuanTII is a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network (ITN). Its primary objective is to train a new generation of quantitative immunologists, who will be able to address challenges arising in T-cell immunology and immunotherapy. The QuanTII Network will train a total of 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) across Europe, bringing together renowned European experimental and theoretical scientists from private and academic institutions.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease.
Your Tasks and Educational Objectives
· Develop novel computer models describing the dynamics of immune cells, especially T-cells, their interactions with tumour cells and the influence of pharmacotherapies targeting tumour-immune cell interactions
· Participate in activities of the ITN, including attending network-wide training events, group meetings, seminars, workshops and training courses, and taking part in collaborations, research visits and secondments to a wide range of academic and industrial network partners of the consortium
At MedImmune, the global Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmacometrics and DMPK (CPD) team collaborates on biotherapeutic projects at all stages of research and development (from target validation through life-cycle management) and is responsible for all aspects of pharmacokinetic / pharmacodynamics (PKPD), clinical pharmacology, and metabolism -related support for biotherapeutic products, including input into the design of preclinical and clinical studies, analysis and reporting of PKPD data, contribution to sections of regulatory documents, and internal/external communication of data and strategy.
Who you are
· Bachelor’s degree in applied mathematics, mathematics, physics or engineering, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, or equivalent, and eligibility to enrol in a PhD degree
· Experience in immunology, physiologically-based pharmacokinetics, computational systems biology and/or mathematical modelling (especially differential equations) is desirable
· Some experience with MATLAB or R programming will be advantageous
· Outstanding problem-solving ability and willingness to undertake challenging scientific development
· Business fluent in English, both written and spoken
To fulfil the Marie-Curie fellowship mobility rule, you must not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the United Kingdom for more than twelve months in the three years immediately prior to the recruitment under the project
We offer a fixed term contract for 36 months. Please apply online submitting a cover letter, your CV, certificates and current transcript of records. Please indicate your earliest start date and timeframe in your application.
MedImmune is an equal opportunity employer. MedImmune will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law
EURAXESS offer ID: 372947
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.