ORGANISATION/COMPANYRomanian Society for Phenomenology
RESEARCH FIELDCultural studies › Byzantine studies
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)First Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/02/2019 20:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONRomania › Bucuresti
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2019
The Alexandru Dragomir Institute for Philosophy (Romanian Society for Phenomenology) announces the availability of a full-time (40h/ week) Postdoctoral Researcher position, for a temporary period (01.03.-31.12.2019) within the project PN-III-P4-ID-PCE-2016-0712, Theories of divination in Late Antiquity and Early Byzantium (2nd-7th centuries), project director: Dr. Andrei TIOMOTIN.
Job Specialization: Byzantine Astrology
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 20, 2019, 20:00. The application dossier must include:
- Letter of motivation
- copy of Identity card;
- coy of PhD degree diploma;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Publication list;
- one or two articles considered relevant;
- a statement in which is stated that the candidate does not have a criminal record;
- a medical certificate from the family doctor or such in which is stated the candidate’s health condition.
The selection process consists in: application dossier evaluation, and interview.
The selection process will take place on February 20, 2019, 11 AM, at the institute headquarter: 1 Dimitrie Brandza street, 060102, Bucharest.
- D. Pingree, From Astral Omens to Astrology: From Babylon to Bikaner, Rome, 1997.
- P. Magdalino, L’Orthodoxie des astrologues. La science entre le dogme et la divination à Byzance (VIIe-XIVe siècle), Paris, 2006.
- P. Magdalino, “Astrology,” in The Cambridge Intellectual History of Byzantium, eds. A. Kaldellis and N. Siniossoglou, Cambridge, 2017, p. 198-214.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhilosophy: PhD or equivalentCultural studies: PhD or equivalent
Specific conditions required for the position:
a) diploma of Doctor of Philosophy;
b) minimum number of publications: 2 published articles in reviews indexed in
c) at the time of submitting the application, the applicant is aged less or equal to 40
(according to the information package approved by ANCS and UEFISCDI);
d) research experience in the field of hermeneutical phenomenology is an advantage;
e) knowledge of French language is an advantage.
EURAXESS offer ID: 371926
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.