RESEARCH FIELDLanguage sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/02/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Tilburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20.0
- Teaching Bachelor’s and Master’s courses (in Dutch and in English) in Utrecht and Tilburg;
- Doing research in the field of psychology of religion;
- Participating in the activities of the Department of Practical Theology and Religious Studies;
- Participating in the research programme “The Transformation of Religion in Late Modernity: The Case of New Catholicism”;
- Acquiring and developing contract education and contract research, and representing the own discipline in the Netherlands and abroad;
- Representing and stimulating the dissemination of knowledge of the own discipline within the media;
- Leading of and/or taking part in work groups, committees or project teams, both internally and externally, performing administrative duties and implementing management tasks that have been assigned.
The position will be ranked in the Dutch university job ranking system (UFO) as assistant professor (“universitair docent”). The starting gross salary for a full-time appointment is (minimally) € 3.637,- in scale 11 up to (maximally) € 4.978,- gross per month. The preferred starting date is 1 September 2019. It is a part time position (0,4 fte - 0,5 fte). The candidate selected for the position will first receive a contract for 2 years. After that, a permanent contract is possible dependent on performance, including the obtaining of a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ, in Dutch BKO). It is required to obtain a UTQ certificate within 2 years. The required proficiency in Dutch or English should be reached within two years after appointment. The university will facilitate courses for that purpose, if needed.
Tilburg University is rated among the top of Dutch employers and has excellent terms of employment. The university offers very good fringe benefits such as a holiday allowance, an end-of-year bonus, an options model for terms and conditions of employment and reimbursement of moving expenses. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may qualify for a (temporary) tax-free allowance equal to 30% of their taxable salary. The university will apply for such an allowance on their behalf.
The candidate should submit in Dutch or English the following materials, as separate documents or integrated in a single file:
- a letter of application;
- a CV and list of publications;
- an outline of research plans and ideas on education (one page each), and
- two publications (articles or chapters).
The deadline for application is February 15, 2019. Interviews are expected to be held in March. The procedure may involve a trial lecture and/or a scholarly presentation. The only way to apply is online.
For further information regarding this position, please contact prof. dr. Staf Hellemans, head of department Practical Theology and Religious Studies, e-mail: G.A.F.Hellemans@tilburguniversity.edu, Phone: +31134662716.
Web site for additional job details
- PhD degree on a subject relevant to this position;
- Demonstrable experience of (and competency in) teaching at an academic level;
- Demonstrable international research experience, evidenced by a doctoral thesis and other peer-reviewed publications,
- Having experience of supervising students who are working on a master thesis;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other colleagues, also in an interdisciplinary context;
- Proficient in Dutch and English, or willing to become so soon;
- Meeting the requirements for the position set out in Veritas gaudium on behalf of the Catholic Church authorities. (Candidates need to obtain a venia docendi from the Grand Chancellor of the TST).
In the case of equal qualities of the candidates, preference will be given to a priest, a woman and/or an active member of the Roman Catholic Church.
EURAXESS offer ID: 371074
Posting organisation offer ID: 52187
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.