RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Biochemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/02/2019 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisboa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/06/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER675007
Project Title (Task) - Chemical modification of clinical stage antibodies for pharmacodelivery applications
Objectives: To apply a new disulfide traceless conjugation methodology to conjugate a thiol containing drug to tumour-homing antibodies
Description: Boronic acids are unique chemical entities with unmach reactivity for chemical synthesis and exhibit unique structural features to be used as building blocks.
The successful candidate will focus on the translation of a method for site-selective antibody conjugation to produce large quantities of antibody-drug conjugate for pre-clinical studies. In particular, method development considering antibody concentration and solubility, and purity of the final conjugate will be developed. This method should be optimized in order to be applied under the GMP manufacturing setting.
Conditions: The successful candidate will be employed for a maximum of 4 (four) months, starting in June 2019 and will receive a salary package according to the allowance amounts defined in the rules for Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) EU Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Innovative Training Networks (ITN) (http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/doc/call/h2020/h2020-msca-itn-2015/1622613-itn_2015_-_guide_for_applicants_v1_en.pdf)
• Living allowance – 33.252, 12€;
• Mobility allowance – 7.200€
• Family allowance – 6.000€
IMPORTANT NOTE: The amounts presented above are annual. The salary package will be paid in proportion to 4 months. The amounts above include all charges with gross salary and other allowances under the contract (Meal, holidays and Christmas allowances), work accident insurance and all taxes due according to Portuguese Labor Law.
- iMM welcomes candidates of any nationality, irrespective of gender, age, race or ethnic background
- be an ‘early stage researcher’ (i.e. in the first four years of his/her research career and not have a doctoral degree)
- Not have resided in Portugal for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to the recruitment date and not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Portugal.
Application process: The call starts NOW and will end on 28th February 2019.
Applicants should send: - Motivation Letter; - Detailed CV; - Academic Certificates; - 2 (two) reference letters to Human Resources Office through the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Valid degree in any field of Life Sciences or Natural Sciences
- Knowledge in bioconjugation
- Good knowledge in English, spoken and written
- Good informatic skills
- Experience with standard laboratory equipment and tools
- Motivation for new challenges
EURAXESS offer ID: 370601
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.