RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/02/2019 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONMultiple locations, see work locations below.
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35-40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/05/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER813453
We are pleased to advertise 11 Early Stage Researcher Positions (Early Stage Researchers [ESRs]) within the recently granted European Industrial Doctorate project STACCATO- European Industrial Doctorate for enhancing upstream biopharmaceutical manufacturing process development through single cell analysis.
STACCATO has been specifically designed to strengthen Europe’s innovation capacity and leadership in biopharmaceutical manufacturing science by providing world-class intersectoral training to 11 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) and creating and applying pioneering manufacturing process development approaches for biopharmaceuticals. The STACCATO partners are united by the shared vision to utilise high-resolution data captured simultaneously from thousands of single cells to develop new manufacturing methods for biopharmaceuticals.
All recruited researchers will spend at least 18 of their 36 months on the project at industry partners. The multidisciplinary and intersectoral doctoral programme is based on a modular system that addresses the individual needs of the ESRs.
ESR1: Single cell analysis for Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing
ESR2: Identification of mitochondrial DNA mutations in single cells for biopharmaceutical manufacturing
ESR3: Single cell proteomics to analyse functional heterogeneity during biopharmaceutical manufacturing
ESR4: Improving oncolytic adenovirus production in host cell utilising single cell analysis technology
ESR5: Developing high cell density perfusion culture media through single cell analysis
ESR6: Understanding CHO cell heterogeneity to enable increased production of recombinant therapeutic proteins
ESR7: Improving production of influenza VLP-based vaccines in insect cells using single cell analysis
ESR8: Combining single-cell analysis with systems biology to fine-tune production of rAAV vectors in insect cells
ESR9: Determining the molecular impact of the manufacturing process for the phenotype of CAR T cells
ESR10: Molecular impact of T-cell targeted gene transfer under minimal manipulation conditions
ESR11: Development of methods to control differentiation of stem cells in a 3D cell culture system based on spider silk
For more information about individual projects please see: https://tinyurl.com/y8486noo
The successful candidates will join a international scientific network of high profile industry and academic partners. All fellows will benefit from intersectorial secondments, individual and networkwide training modules, including transferable skills courses. Furthermore, each ESR will be supervised by a Industry-Academia supervisory team consisting of at least one supervisor from each field.
ESRs will receive an attractive salary in accordance with the MSCA regulations for Early Stage Researchers http://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/. The successful candidates will receive a salary for 36 monthsin accordance with the MSCA regulations for early stage researchers. Exact salary will be confirmed upon appointment is subject to local rules for each host institution. The stipend is calculated as follows: Living Allowance = €3110 /month (correction factor to be applied per country) + mobility allowance = €600/month. Researcher’s may also qualify for a family allowance of €500/month depending on their family situation.
ESRs will also get access to funds covering Research, Networking and Training costs. ESRs will be enrolled for PhD studies at institutions which are part of the consortium.
- At the time of recruitment, the applicants should be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Mobility rule:At the time of recruitment, applicants should not have resided or carried out main activity (studies, work, etc.) in the country of the host for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to the recruitment date.
- Language skills:Applicants must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English is sufficiently high.
The STACCATO consortium is committed to increasing the percentage of female scientists and therefore especially encourages applications from potential female ESRs.
- CV including your relevant professional experience and knowledge (submitted as a PDF).
- Application letter with a brief description of why you want to pursue research within the STACCATO EID, your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. (Maximum 2 pages long, submitted as a PDF).
- Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-level institutions. Translations into English or the language of the institute or companies host country if the original documents are not issued in one of these languages.
- The contact details of two possible referees or letters of recommendation (depending on the requirements of the host Institute).
For general enquires about STACCATO ESR positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Applicants are expected to have an outstanding education record, be highly motivated and proactive, have excellent organisation and communication skills, be able to work independently as well as in a team, and be eager to disseminate research results through publications and presentations at international conferences and seminars.
Fluency in English is a prerequisite.
EURAXESS offer ID: 368955
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.