ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Tartu
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesTechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/01/2019 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONEstonia › Tartu
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
Institute of Technology, University of Tartu, Estonia
The successful candidate should establish and lead a research group in the field of gas fermentation, design a training platform and pilot plant for industrial fermentation processes, and contribute to the curricula in bioengineering. The role of the ERA Chair will be to bridge between the academic excellence of the Estonian Centre for Synthetic Biology (ECSB) and the industry through planning and coordinating different initiatives of the centre.
The position comes with a seed grant of 2.4 million euros over 4.5 years financed by the H2020 Widespread ERA Chairs programme.
• PhD or an equivalent qualification.
• Have international reputation based on research excellence in the field of gas fermentation, especially in the area of production of biofuels and chemicals.
• Have for at least 4 years post-doctoral experience.
• Show leadership ability to work independently and/or as part of a team.
• Good communication skills – written/verbal.
• Track record of publication in peer-reviewed journals.
Information and the address to submit the application documents:
email@example.com; postal address: 18 Ülikooli St, Tartu 50090 ESTONIA
Prof. Mart Loog, Institute of Technology, University of Tartu, Nooruse 1, 50411, Estonia
Postgraduate - Doctorate/PhD
EURAXESS offer ID: 367252
Posting organisation offer ID: 671027
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.