ORGANISATION/COMPANYThe Cyprus Institute
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/01/2019 21:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCyprus › Nicosia
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation, emphasizing international collaborations and cross-disciplinary research and post graduate education. CyI, through its established research centers, addresses challenging issues that are important at both the regional and international levels. Many of its research activities are being carried out in partnership with leading institutions in the respective thematic areas.
As a member of the Virtual Environments Lab team at STARC, the successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for the 3D modelling of historical buildings, archaeological sites, monuments and architectural details for interactive visualization applications. The successful candidate, as member of the team, will be responsible for the production of 3D scenes and buildings, creation of new interactive and immersive environment applications, maintaining the existing Virtual Reality software applications, to troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise, and to identify and pursue opportunities for the further development of the Virtual Environments Lab.
The successful candidate will be carrying out the following activities:
- 3D modelling for archaeological and architectural research purposes.
- Texturing and image processing for real-time rendering applications.
- Advanced rendering and visualisation methods.
- Creating new interactive visualisation applications for immersive environments.
- Identifying opportunities for the further enrichment and advancement of existing VR applications (new scripts, new user interfaces, new features and functionalities etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Architecture, Design, Computer Science, Computer Graphics, etc.
- Master’s degree will be considered an advantage
- Experience and proficiency with 3D modeling and rendering engines is essential.
- Experience in interactive visualization is essential.
- Proven knowledge and experience on visualization
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (written and verbal).
- Motivated, creative, resourceful, and solution oriented individual.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language. Knowledge of the Greek language will be considered an advantage.
- 3D modeling and rendering engines, e.g., Autodesk 3ds max; Maya; Zbrush; Rhino; Unity; OTOY
- Scripting and programming languages, e.g., C#; C; Python.
- Experience with scripting and programming will be considered an advantage.
- Ability to design user interfaces & knowledge of imaging and texturing techniques will be considered an advantage.
EURAXESS offer ID: 367009