ORGANISATION/COMPANYNational Tsing Hua University
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Analytical chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/02/2019 12:00 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONTaiwan › Hsinchu
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2019
Urban Lab invites applications for PhD studentship in Analytical Chemistry.
The graduate research will encompass development of novel analytical tools based on mass spectrometry and optical detection. More information on our current work can be found on the lab website (http://www.UrbanLab.tw).
Our goal is to educate a new generation of chemists by giving them an opportunity to gain practical experience in biochemical analysis. The forthcoming research topics extend over the areas of mass spectrometry, clinical chemistry, biochemistry, automation, and inventing new analytical instruments. Most projects are interdisciplinary. Some of them are highly challenging and their outcomes cannot easily be predicted. We welcome applications from candidates who enjoy doing scientific experiments. The desired personal qualities include: ability to solve scientific problems, commitment to high-quality work, patience, reliability, honesty, positive attitude, self-discipline and ethics.
Apply by email to Prof. Pawel Urban (email@example.com).
Why come to live in Hsinchu?
- The city of Hsinchu hosts seven universities, hundreds of companies, and a university hospital. These form an academic cluster for cutting-edge research, technology transfer, and first-class graduate education and postdoctoral research opportunities, especially in the areas of chemistry, bioscience, and electronics.
- In many cases, the living costs in Hsinchu are relatively low (e.g. compared with studying in the capital city area or abroad). Many students and postdocs live within walking distance of their departments.
- Being an academic city, Hsinchu provides opportunities for interaction with top science scholars: advisors for your graduate project, academic collaborators, and course teachers.
- Relatively few distractions let the students and scholars focus on research and literature studies.
- Hsinchu is a historic city with several tourist attractions. In fact, our university campus is one of such attractions: it has many green zones, sports facilities, and places to meet friends. Mountain park is located in the proximity of the university campuses. Hsinchu downtown is known for its shopping area; malls, department stores, as well as small shops.
- The university campus and the adjacent night market have many food outlets with superb, affordable Taiwanese and international cuisine.
- The city is well connected with the other parts of Taiwan by bus and railroad networks. It is located in the proximity of the main international airport serving Taiwan (TPE).
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
The candidate should fulfill the admission requirements of the NTHU.
MSc in chemistry or related area
EURAXESS offer ID: 366843
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.