ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Tartu
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE04/02/2019 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tartu
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/08/2019
UT is Estonia's leading centre of research and training. It preserves the culture of the Estonian people and spearheads the country's reputation in research and provision of higher education. UT belongs to the top 1.2% of world's best universities.
As Estonia's national university, UT stresses the importance of international co-operation and partnerships with reputable research universities all over the world. The robust research potential of the university is evidenced by the fact that the University of Tartu has been invited to join the Coimbra Group, a prestigious club of renowned research universities.
UT includes four faculties. To support and develop the professional competence of its students and academic staff, the university has entered into bilateral co-operation agreements with 79 partner institutions in 31 countries. Information for new employees: http://www.ut.ee/en/welcome/staff-checklist
We are currently looking for an Associate Professor of Data Analytics.
Duties and responsibilities in this role are the following:
- Building and leading the research group in the area of Data Analytics;
- Applying and leading R&D projects and seeking out for collaborations with industry;
- Publishing in international peer-reviewed venues, including journals;
- Supervising PhD and MSc students, postdoctoral researchers;
- Teaching courses and coordinating education;
- Participating in managerial and societal activities.
See also job description.
In order to be considered for the position, the candidate must submit to the UT Human Resources Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; postal address: 18 Ülikooli St,Tartu 50090 ESTONIA) following documents:
- a letter of application to the Rector (in English),
- a curriculum vitae in the established format (in English),
- a list of research publications (if necessary, enclosing copies or offprints of more important publications),
- a copy of a document (including its annexes) which shows the candidate to hold the required qualification (authorized translation into Estonian, English or Russian if the credential is not in one of these languages). A candidate can be required to submit the original or a certified copy of the document (including its annexes) showing the candidate to hold the required qualification. If the candidate has acquired the higher education in question abroad, he or she may be required to submit an assessment issued by the Academic Recognition Information Centre (the Estonian ENIC/NARIC) of his or her qualification in respect of the qualification requirements for the position;
- other materials considered relevant by the candidate (a list of such materials must be included in the application or annexed to it).
Number of copies: 1
Notification of results: The candidate will be notified of election results within two weeks following the election. The assessments drawn up in respect of the candidate and the documents specified in paragraph 5 of the list of documents will be returned to the candidate. Unsuccessful candidates can also request the return of documents specified in paragraphs 2 -4 of the list.
The starting date of the position can be negotiated.
The position is funded by Estonian government via IT Academy programme through the HITSA foundation.
Further information gives the Head of the Institute of Computer Science Prof Jaak Vilo, email@example.com.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Promising research profile and publication record relevant to the area of the position;
- Ability to teach at all levels of higher education;
- Ability to apply for and lead research projects;
- Ability to supervise MSc and PhD students.
EURAXESS offer ID: 361614
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.