ORGANISATION/COMPANYCharles University in Prague, Faculty of Arts
RESEARCH FIELDCultural studies › OtherHistory › Modern historyLiterature › Comparative literature
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/02/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONMultiple locations, see work locations below.
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER812764
- EJD MOVES has been designed to provide an understanding of the historical, cultural and social roots of migration as a necessary prerequisite for effective political solutions to present migration problems in global terms.
- EJD MOVES’ chief objective is comparative research into the social and cultural roots of mass mobility from the early to the late modernity. Past and present forms of migration are confronted and studied both as a condition of modernity and one of its greatest challenges.
- EJD MOVES’ research and training network is based on interdisciplinary collaboration between researchers in the Humanities and the Social Sciences at five major European universities: Charles University (Univerzita Karlova) Prague, Freie Universität Berlin, Universidade do Porto, University of Kent (including the School of International Studies in Brussels) and Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier 3.
- EJD MOVES’ innovative training programme is carried out in conjunction with 18 non-academic partners (including NGOs, charities, and the cultural and creative industries).
- EJD MOVES’ distinctive structure hinges on the mobility of Early-Stage Researchers (ESR; the terms “PhD students/candidates” are not used in EJD). They will work full time under contract at two of the five above universities (for 18 months at each of them) and will be seconded to one of the 18 non-academic partners (for 180 hours). This mobility depends on Individual Research Projects.
Living allowance, mobility allowance, family allowance.
Early-Stage Researchers (ESR), who must, at the date of recruitment by the beneficiary, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. They can be of any nationality, but they must have resided or carried out their main activity outside the country of the recruiting university (see above; “recruiting university” is the first university where they will pursue their research and do their training in EJD MOVES) in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment. In the case of researchers with refugee status, refugee procedure is not counted as a period of residence/activity in the country of the recruiting university.
- Submission deadline: 15 February 2019, 23:59. Required documents (see below) will have to be submitted electronically after 15 January 2019 in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants shortlisted for telephone interviews will be notified by 1 March 2019.
- Telephone interviews will take place on 8 and 9 March 2019.
- All applicants will receive notifications about the results of the selection procedure by 31 March 2019.
- Offer letters will sent by 30 April 2019.
- The recruitment procedure will close and the EJD programme will start on 1 September 2019.
Questions about the selection procedure and other features of EJD MOVES can be addressed to the Project Manager: PetraJohana.Poncarova@ff.cuni.cz
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
- a copy of the passport valid at least until the end of 2019. Applicants with two or more nationalities can use just one passport and apply only once.
- a copy of the degree certificate: Master’s (preferably) or Bachelor’s degree
- detailed transcript with grades and degree classification, and an overview of the national education system in which the degree was obtained
- a current CV (European format, see https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-...)
- two research proposals - each of them 1000 words plus bibliography - justifying the choice of two projects from the list and demonstrating the applicant’s readiness for the required research. All submitted research proposals must describe and specify TWO projects chosen from the list. They must demonstrate the applicant’s commitment to each of them and describe the research in terms of its objectives, scope, material, methodology, sources and schedule.
- letters from two referees attesting to the applicant’s academic standing and potential
EURAXESS offer ID: 360615