ORGANISATION/COMPANYTechnical University Of Denmark
RESEARCH FIELDChemistryComputer scienceEngineeringOtherPhysicsTechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/02/2019 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONDenmark › Kgs. Lyngby, Copenhagen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER713683
With this call Technical University of Denmark (DTU) invites highly talented experienced researchers who have achieved outstanding results in their research while demonstrating excellence and potential in their field to apply for one of the 22 fellowships under the international H.C. Ørsted Postdoc COFUND Programme, co-funded by Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions.
The Programme enables candidates from all over the world to carry out curiosity-driven, bottom-up research projects within all branches of engineering science at DTU. It will contribute to the researchers’ career development while broadening and deepening their individual competencies by exposing them to an international and multidisciplinary environment. The Programme is co-funded by EU’s Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions.
A total of 66 fellows will be enrolled in the Programme during 2017-2021.
- At the time of recruitment (1 July 2019) applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Denmark or at DTU for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to recruitment (excl. holidays and short visits);
- Successful applicants must move to Denmark by the time of employment at the latest;
- The applicant must, by the time of recruitment (1 July 2019), be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience;
- Applicants must have arranged in advance a research plan with a host at DTU;
- The application must be in English;
- The application must be complete and uploaded as one compiled PDF via DTU’s online recruitment site within deadline. Applications sent via email or the like will not be considered;
- The application must include the following (use templates available for download on the website):
- Research plan of a total of 5 (A4) pages excl. summary (tables containing personal- and project information and the brief summary are not included in the 5 A4 pages);
- Signed host statement regarding hosting arrangements;
- Prioritised CV and list of publications;
- Table of ethics issues;
- Scanned copy of PhD diploma or an official statement on the expected date of graduation (Documentation of academic degrees must be in English or an officially approved translation must be included).
Fellowships should commence during the same calendar year as granted; 15 December being the latest possible date. The research plan must be arranged in advance with the host at DTU and should be formulated to be comprehensible to reviewers without core expertise in the research field in question.
The Programme includes two level of seniority; junior (postdoc level) and senior (assistant/associate professor level)
Applicants should apply for a junior fellowship if they have received their PhD degree within the period of 0 months to 5 years from time of recruitment (1 July 2019). Junior fellowship contracts are offered for 12-24 months; 24 months being the general duration.
Applicants should apply for a senior fellowship if they have 5+ years of experience from PhD graduation (at time of recruitment 1 July 2019), and should be at a level of their career where they have had postdoc fellowships or similar and are ready academically to enter the next level of the career ladder. Senior fellowship contracts are offered for 3-12 months; 12 months being the general duration.
Applications should be based on the details of the full call text which can be downloaded at www.dtu.dk/COFUNDpostdoc.
Applications must be submitted via DTU’s online submission service at www.career.dtu.dk. Applications received by other means will not be considered.
DTU encourages interested candidates to contact a research group of interest at DTU and start a dialogue with the supervising professor in order to collaborate on developing a research plan.
Application deadline is 23 February 2019 (23.59, CET).
DTU welcomes applications from all interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background.
For more information about the Programme please visit www.dtu.dk/COFUNDpostdoc
The secretariat can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
EURAXESS offer ID: 360285