RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/12/2018 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Krakow
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE28/02/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER812656
Doctoral Researcher in the EU-funded Project “Transitional Care Innovation in Senior Citizens (TRANS-SENIOR)”
We offer a three-year PhD position as part of the TRANS-SENIOR project (www.trans-senior.eu) funded by the EU’s Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions within Horizon2020. The early stage researcher (ESR) will contribute to the research project “Financing long-term care systems, particularly for optimized care transition”.
This research project, led by the Institute of Public Health, Jagiellonian University (Poland), aims to assess the coherence and efficiency of the organisation and financing of long-term care in a selection of European countries, with special attention to the integration of different care types, levels and settings and optimising the patient transition between different care settings. The result of this project will be a new knowledge concerning alternative solutions for organising and financing at the system level, assessment tools/criteria of them, as well as identification of best practices for organising and financing long-term care in EU.
WE OFFER YOU
TRANS-SENIOR is a European Joint Doctorate network, meaning that the ESR trained through this project will receive a PhD-degree from the Jagiellonian University in Kraków (Poland) and Maastricht University (Netherlands). TRANS-SENIOR offers an international, collegial and supportive work environment, where a total of 13 ESRs will be trained to become health care innovators. Our multi-disciplinary, multi-sectoral team will give the ESRs the knowledge, research expertise and transferable skills needed to lead improvements in real-world care settings. This position is funded for three years beginning at the end of February, 2019 (in a case of Candidates with the Polish nationality the beginning may be later, due to the need for additional recruitment procedure in Poland).
- Full-time appointment for a period of 36 months
- Favourable remuneration according to EU standards
- Enrolment in Doctoral Programs and TRANS-SENIOR Training Programme
- Secondments at other organisations
TRANS-SENIOR is an MSCA-funded Training Network project, for which the following criteria for ESR projects always apply:
- Applicants should hold a master’s degree relevant to the project(s) they apply for (see links to the individual projectsr specifications);
- Applicants should not have been awarded a PhD degree;
- At the time of recruitment, applicants should have less than four (full time equivalent) years of experience within a research career;
- Applicants should not have resided or carried out his/her main activity in the country of the recruiting institute for more than 12 months in the three years immediately prior to the recruitment.
Please submit the following application documents to email@example.com:
- Motivation letter (max 2 pages) or a personal statement video (of less than two minutes)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Electronic copy of your Bachelor’s and Master’s degree, including an appendix (‘transcript’) explaining the training program elements and grades obtained (if not in English: both original versions and English translations of documents required)
- Potential language certificates and other relevant certificates
- Contact details of two referees
- A link to a Personal Statement video of (less than) two minutes (recommended, not mandatory)
The application deadline is December 21st 2018. For further inquiry, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If initially selected, we will invite you for an online interview on 16 January 2019 (between 11.00 and 17.00 CET).
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEconomics: Master Degree or equivalentMedical sciences: Master Degree or equivalentOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: GoodPOLISH: Basic
- Candidates from any nationality – including non-EU countries- are welcome to apply.
As international mobility is a criterion in the EU-funded project however, candidates should not have lived, worked or studied in Poland for more than 12 months in the three years immediately prior to the recruitment.
- Candidates should hold a Master’s degree in Public Health, (Health) Economy, Political Sciences or similar Master’s degree relevant to this project.
- Candidates should not have been awarded a PhD degree and have less than four (full time equivalent) years of experience within a research career.
- Fluency in English is a requirement (B2 level or equivalent).
- Candidates have to be able to understand and speak Polish to the extent of enabling participation in PhD study classes (B1 level or equivalent).
- Candidates should be highly motivated for working towards a PhD and the overall TRANS-SENIOR purposes.
- Capacities in organizing and managing projects, working in a team, good communication and human relationships skills are required.
EURAXESS offer ID: 360150