RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/07/2019 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSwitzerland › Basel
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER812656
Hoping to do a PhD abroad?
Willing to shape the future of care for senior citizens?
Attracted by the idea of obtaining a PhD degree from two universities?
Then please apply for a PhD studentship within TRANS-SENIOR!
Many senior citizens face transitions between care settings (e.g. at discharge from hospitals, when moving into a care home, or when seeking emergency care). Care transitions come with a risk of negative health and quality of care consequences, and should be avoided or optimised when possible. This requires capacity building on the interface of science, policy and care innovation.
The TRANS-SENIOR Innovative Training Network builds capacity for tackling a major challenge facing European long-term care systems: the need to improve care for an increasing number of care-dependent senior citizens by avoiding unnecessary transitions and optimising care transitions that are actually needed.
The TRANS-SENIOR research programme aims to: 1) generate evidence on when and where avoiding care transitions is possible, 2) generate evidence for the benefits of innovative transitional care models, and 3) generate evidence for methods for actively involving senior citizens and informal caregivers in care innovation, and inform future sustainable implementation of interventions that avoid or improve care transitions.
TRANS-SENIOR is in the process of recruiting 13 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs, also referred to as PhD students). Each will work at a beneficiary institution with a 36-months contract, and will work towards a joint or double degree at two universities within the TRANS-SENIOR network. Each ESR will receive additional training and undergo secondments at academic and/or non-academic partner organisations within the network.
Currently only one vacancy remains:
ESR5 - University of Basel, Switzerland
Implementing INSPIRE, an integrated community care program for senior citizens
Deadline for application is July 31st, 2019
TRANS-SENIOR training programme
In order to deliver 13 health care innovators, TRANS-SENIOR will:
- Guide all ESRs towards a joint or double PhD degree from two universities;
- Train ESRs in the systematic development and evaluation of healthcare interventions;
- Equip ESRs with skills and experience enabling them to effectively involve senior citizens and informal caregivers in co-design of healthcare innovation;
- Teach theoretical and practical implementation science, focusing on care innovations;
- Make ESRs comfortable and effective in (non-)academic organisations through cross-sectoral secondments;
- Prepare ESRs for careers in both academic and non-academic settings through expert coaching, networking and the development of research and transferable skills;
- Stimulate knowledge exchange between ESRs and current care innovators through secondments and workshops.
- Full-time appointment for a variable period
- Favourable remuneration according to EU standards
- Enrollment in Doctoral Programs and TRANS-SENIOR Training Programme
- Secondments at other organisations
TRANS-SENIOR is an MSCA-funded Training Network project, for which the following criteria for ESR-projects always apply:
- Applicants should hold a Master’s degree relevant to the project.
- Applicants should not have been awarded a PhD degree
- At the time of recruitment, applicants should have less than four (full time equivalent) years of experience within a research career
- Applicants should not have resided or carried out his/her main activity in the country of the recruiting institute for more than 12 months in the three years immediately prior to the recruitment
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications varies, please see www.trans-senior.eu for more information.
All applications should include the following:
- Letter of motivation, including preferences for one or more of the vacant ESR projects (max. 2 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree certificates, including an appendix (‘transcript’) explaining the training program elements and grades obtained (if not in English: both original versions and English translations of documents required)
- Potential language certificates and other relevant certificates
- Contact details of two referees
- A link to a Personal Statement video of (less than) two minutes (recommended, not mandatory)
TRANS-SENIOR will use all application materials for the process of selecting candidates only. For this purpose, application materials may be distributed to members of the selection committee and administrative staff, yet while respecting privacy and ensuring secure storage of documents at all times. Agreement with this approach will be assumed from submitting an application.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELMedical sciences: Master Degree or equivalentPsychological sciences: Master Degree or equivalentOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
The following criteria apply to all candidates:
- We expect applicants to be highly motivated for working towards a PhD AND the overall TRANS-SENIOR purposes;
- Applicants should hold a Master's degree in Health Policy, Public Health, Healthcare Management, Sociology or other disciplines relevant to the project;
- Applicants should not have been awarded a PhD degree;
- At the time of recruitment, applicants should have less than four (full-time equivalent) years of experience within a research career;
- Applicants should not have resided or carried out his/her main activity in the country of the recruiting institute for more than 12 months in the three years immediately prior to the recruitment;
- Good communication and human relationship skills; demonstrable capacity in organising and managing projects and working in a team;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (B2 level or equivalent);
- Open to working with international colleagues;
- Willing to relocate for the duration of the research
Additional, more specific criteria can apply for each of the projects (see: www.trans-senior.eu/vacancies).
TRANS-SENIOR embraces the Science4Refugee initiative and encourages scientist-refugees to apply for a position.
Specific requirements for ESR5:
- A master degree in Nursing Science, Public Health, Medicine, Health Economics or another field of health sciences or Master degree from a University of Applied Sciences of similar fields with outstanding grades;
- Experience in community care is highly desirable;
- Sound knowledge of Office software (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Sound methodological and statistical skills and sound knowledge of statistical analysis software such as R or STATA or the willingness to develop these skills and knowledge;
- Proficiency of German (level C2);
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
EURAXESS offer ID: 360136
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.