ORGANISATION/COMPANYAustrian Centre of Industrial Biotechnology (ACIB GmbH)
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesChemistry › Biochemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/01/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Graz
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
REFERENCE NUMBERsynBIOcarb ESR11
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER814029
The research, which will be carried out at the Austrian Centre of Industrial Biotechnology – acib GmbH (www.acib.at), in Graz (Austria) focusses on the site-selective incorporation of reactive non-canonical amino acids into lectins for their directed functionalization with small molecules. The work will combine state-of-the-art molecular biology, the expansion of the genetic code, and chemical protein modification.
acib GmbH is one of the leading research centres in the field of industrial biotechnology. More than 200 employees work in an interdisciplinary environment in close cooperation with 12 scientific and 40 company partners to bridge the gap between academic and industrial research.
The successful candidate will participate in the network’s training activities and work placements at the laboratories of the participating academic and industrial teams. Regular meetings and workshops within the EU-funded synBIOcarb International Training Network will supplement the training and support provided at acib GmbH.
synBIOcarb is a major EU funded programme which brings together 14 leading European partners in a transnational network, implementing a multidisciplinary and intersectorial research and training programme between the academic and the industrial partners in the fields of synthetic glycobiology. synBIOcarb will provide a new generation of scientists with advanced scientific training in chemical synthesis, protein engineering, biophysics, cell biology and analytical device technologies that underpin the development and exploitation of glycoscience for diagnostics and targeted drug delivery.
This is position is for 36 months. The ESR will be contractually employed by acib GmbH and will be covered under the social security scheme. He or she will receive a Monthly Living Allowance plus a Mobility Allowance compliant with the applicable EC Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions-ITN general conditions.
Candidates should not have resided or carried out main activity in Austria for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to the reference recruitment date.
Candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and the names and contact details of at least 3 references via our application portal application.acib.at (reference nº 10_2018 ESR11).
The deadline for applications is 07/01/2019.
ACIB is dedicated to a well-balanced gender ratio. Therefore, this job advertisement addresses qualified male and female persons equally.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Applicants should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have a Diploma and/or a Master Degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or biotechnology and have very good theoretical and practical knowledge of molecular biology methods, bioinformatics (database search, sequence analysis, vector design), as well as microbiological techniques and protein biochemistry. Interest in synthetic biology is essential, hands-on experience, e.g., in an iGEM project is a plus.
- Have less than 4 years research experience at the signature of the contract (measured from the time the Master’s degree has been obtained).
- Not have a PhD already.
- Not have resided or carried out main activity in Austria for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to the reference recruitment date.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (spoken and written / proficiency level)
- Ideally, you are enthusiastic to reach ambitious goals, curious to learn new techniques and to present your results in oral and written form. Successful candidates are eager to participate in the network’s training activities and work placements at the laboratories of the synBIOcarb academic and industrial teams.
EURAXESS offer ID: 357178
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.