ORGANISATION/COMPANYUNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
RESEARCH FIELDNeurosciencesPsychological sciences › Behavioural sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE22/12/2018 15:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCyprus › AGLANTZIA
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38
OFFER STARTING DATE10/01/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER813546
The Center for Applied Neuroscience (CAN) at the University of Cyprus is seeking an enthusiastic and committed EU Project Administration Manager (PM) to assist the Project Coordinator in running a four-year collaborative research training project within the Horizon 2020 program of the European Union, the Neo-PRISM-C, which focuses on the study of the mechanisms and treatments of neurodevelopmental disorders.
This exciting and challenging position is offered at the CAN, an international research center focusing on neuroscience research, training, and innovation, contributing to improving health mental care (http://www.cancyprus.org/home2.html). CAN researchers are an enthusiastic group, actively publishing in a broad domain of topics related to neuroscience aspects of psychological science, and securing funding from national and international sources. CAN’s Advisory Board is composed of local and international experts in the field of applied neurosciences. As the only Centre of its kind in Cyprus, investigating high incidence neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders through the application of integrative and contemporary methodologies, CAN strives for academic excellence and continual growth.
Post Financial Terms
The Neo-PRISM-C consortium comprises eight teams from several European countries and N. America partners and has a total budget of €4 million. The post for the Project Manager is a full-time and fixed term for two years with a possible renewal for another two years, 38 hours per week, with an expected start date January 10, 2019. Salary will be €36,000 per year, inclusive of Family Allowance. Benefits include 30 days’ annual leave and defined benefit pension scheme.
Candidates are asked to submit the required documents in a single .pdf file via email to email@example.com, until December 22, 2018, 14:30 EET:
- A cover letter describing the research career goals, skills, and experience
- A full updated CV
- Degree certificates and English Language proof of proficiency
- The names and e-mail addresses of two referees
For more information, please contact Prof. Timothy C. Papadopoulos, Neo-PRISM-C Project Coordinator, at the Center for Applied Neuroscience, University of Cyprus, +357 22 892079, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- A University degree and Master’s degree in any field (a degree in Psychology and a Master’s in business-related subjects will be considered an advantage).
- Spoken and written English proficiency (applicants are required to provide relevant proof).
- Knowledge of accounting and financial management of research programs.
- Experience in the implementation of research proposals and compliance with deadlines.
- Organization and planning skills and ability to take initiatives.
- Analytical thinking, problem solving, adaptability and resourcefulness skills.
- Demonstrated experience with experimental research and an ability to work with international research teams whose work focuses on children from special and vulnerable populations will be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of at least one more European Language represented in the consortium (e.g., French, Finnish, Hungarian) or basic knowledge of Greek could be considered as an advantage.
- A Ph.D. in Psychology, Neuroscience or related field is an advantage.
Neo-PRISM-C is a four-year project, funded by the European Union Horizon 2020 Program (H2020-MSCA-ITN-2018) under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network (Grant Agreement No. 813546), which commences on January 10, 2019. The Project Manager will provide executive administrative support for this high profile scientific research project, monitoring the consortium, and facilitating its general functioning in conformity with the terms of the Consortium Agreement, signed by the partners. Tasks will be related to organizational, administrative, financial, and legal management of the project. More specifically, task job requirements include
- assisting the Project Coordinator in ensuring that the Neo-PRISM-C program complies with and implements the various objectives described in the proposal funded by the European Commission,
- developing and using management tools necessary for timely project execution (procedures, standard models of documents, collaborative platforms)
- supporting the implementation of all training activities detailed in the project and monitoring the timely production of the deliverables
- preparing consortium meetings (Supervisory Board, Educational Committee, Dissemination Committee)
- coordinating the organization of project-related events (training, secondments, workshops, conferences)
- providing the required support to the consortium for the dissemination of the project outcomes (e.g., preparing and revising the content of the project’s website; organizing dissemination conferences and activities)
- assisting the Project Coordinator in his communication with the European Commission, the beneficiaries and partners of the consortium
- collecting all required information from the consortium partners to compile deliverables and prepare progress reports for the European Commission including preparatory progress reports for the Project Coordinator
- working closely with the Research Support Service of the host institution for the updating and monitoring of the budget, the preparation of the financial summary balance sheets and acquiring all the necessary documentation from the beneficiaries and partners in anticipation of possible audits
- undergoing intensive training either through formal training methods or on-the-job training in topics such as Research Project Management, Grant Writing, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, and Science Communication.
EURAXESS offer ID: 356859