ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat de Barcelona
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/12/2018 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK31h 30 m
OFFER STARTING DATE02/01/2019
REFERENCE NUMBERPT17/0009/00018 ISCIII - FEDER ( RESEARCH-PLATFORM-Bioinformatics Metabolomics Node -IP: Marta Cascante)
The applicant selected for this position will develop new computational tools for fluxomics and will mantain existing tools for the UB node of the bioinformatics platform of the Instituto de Salud Carlos III. He/She will perform the following tasks:
- Develop new computational tools for fluxomics and provide support and upgrades for existing tools.
- Benchmark and validate both new and existing tools through the analysis of multiple sets of experimental data
- Perform training and dissemination activities aiming at promoting the use of the computational tools of the platform
Duration: 1 year
Gross salary per year: 21950 €
How to apply:
Required documents: application letter, Curriculum vitae, etc.
Send your application to Pedro Ramon De Atauri: firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail subject: TECHNICAL CANDIDATE
The candidates need to demonstrate on the basis of the CV that fulfil all the detailed Skills/Qualification required.
Preselection on the basis of the adequacy of the candidates CV to the job will be performed. The most promising candidates will be interviewed by Skype and competences will be evaluated by a practical test.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESSPANISH: Mother TongueENGLISH: Excellent
- A Master or degree in the field of bioinformatics
- A Master or degree in Biochemistry
- Experience in the use and development of fluxomics software
- Experience in building and deploying Docker containers
- Experience in working and developing tools for Galaxy
- Proficiency in Python, R and C++
EURAXESS offer ID: 355872
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.