ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity Politehnica of Bucharest
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/11/2018 16:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONRomania › Bucuresti
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE03/12/2018
University Politechnica of Bucharest (UPB) implements the INTELLIT project - "Preserving and capitalizing the Romanian literary heritage by using intelligent digital solutions for knowledge extraction and representation" (NR 54PCCDI / 2018) funded by UEFISCDI and coordinated by the Institute of Literary History and Theory "G. CALINESCU".
The participation of University Politechnica of Bucharesin the INTELLIT project involves the development of automated software tools for semantic search and text analysis of the Romanian literary heritage based on advanced Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques that facilitate the analysis of large volumes of text. More specifically, we implement the following services integrated into the Romanian Literature Virtual Library web portal:
(O1) Search for semantically relevant information and documents;
(O2) Mining of central concepts, emerging in various periods of time;
(O3) Semantic clustering of documents in the Romanian literary heritage in order to identify groups of similar documents;
(O4) Exploring intertextuality from the perspective of lexical and semantic links between text fragments;
(O5) Evolution of writing styles in various historical periods based on a diverse range of automated textual complexity indices.
Thus, a research assistant position (ID 3 at UPB level and 38 at project level) is available. The selected candidate will be employed on a full-time basis for the duration of the project, with the possibility of extending it for another 2 years after its completion.
PhD student or PhD
The competition will take place on November 26th, 2018, 10-12AM, in room PRECIS 307, Faculty of Automatic Control and Computers, University Politehnica of Bucharest.
Written exam and interview subjects:
- Techniques for processing natural language
- Techniques for indexing and retrieving documents
- Client-side / web architectures and technologies
- Manning, C.D., Raghavan, P., & Schütze, H. (2008). Introduction to Information Retrieval (Vol. 1). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Jurafsky, D., & Martin, J. H. (2009). An introduction to Natural Language Processing. Computational linguistics, and speech recognition (2nd ed.). London: Pearson Prentice Hall.
- Goodyear, M. (2017). Enterprise System Architectures: Building Client Server and Web Based Systems. CRC press.
- Clements, P., Garlan, D., Bass, L., Stafford, J., Nord, R., Ivers, J., & Little, R. (2002). Documenting software architectures: views and beyond. Pearson Education.
- Angular Tutorial available online at: https://angular.io/tutorial.
- application request registered at UPB registration office (no imposed format)
- copy of identity card;
- copy of birth certificate;
- copy of marriage certificate, if applicable;
- copies of all study diplomas, including enrollment sheets / diploma supplements;
- medical certificate - suitable for imployment;
- criminal record;
- CV (with attached list of publications, if applicable);
- PhD student certificate.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELTechnology: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESROMANIAN: ExcellentENGLISH: Good
Computer skills, interpersonal communication skills, teamwork skills, knowledge of software implementation
- Performs scientific research in the project area for obtaining new knowledge and new computational models;
- Contributes to the development of technical documentation based on the results obtained;
- Develops solutions using front-end components of the latest generation (for example, Angular 2+);
- Performs software analysis and design activities, requirements specification, development, configuration, implementation and maintenance of computer systems and applications developed within the project;
- Participates in the dissemination activities of the project;
- Participate with the other members in the project reporting activities.
EURAXESS offer ID: 354121