ORGANISATION/COMPANYStarT - Marie Curie Innovative Training Network
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/03/2019 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONMultiple locations, see work locations below.
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK36-40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/06/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER813490
5 of 14 PhD positions
are still available in the framework of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network (ITN) on
Training researchers to Diagnose, Understand and Treat Stargardt Disease, a Frequent Inherited Blinding Disorder
The objectives of StarT are twofold: 1) to give the next generation of European vision researchers unparalleled opportunities to be trained by a consortium of European vision research groups excelling in genomics, transcriptomics, functional genomics, bio-informatics, genome editing, stem cell biology, animal disease models, and therapy development; and 2) to address the knowledge gaps to diagnosing, understanding and treating STGD1 using innovative approaches related to the aforementioned disciplines.
Positions are available at:
- Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands (Prof. Frans Cremers)
- Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Naples, Italy (www.telethon.it; www.tigem.it)
- Trinity College Dublin, Ireland (https://www.tcd.ie/Neuroscience/partners/PI%20Profiles/Jane_Farrar2.php)
- ProQR Therapeutics, Leiden, The Netherlands (http://www.proqr.com/)
The StarT partners offer:
- PhD positions for a period of three years (fellowships for Early Stage Researchers / ESR), anticipated start date April 1, 2019. See https://www.startn.eu/esr-profiles.html for the description of the individual ESR projects.
- Applicants should be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers, including the period of research training, starting at the date of obtaining the degree which would formally entitle them to embark on a doctorate.
- Applicants should not have resided or performed their main activity in the country of the host institution for more than 12 months in the 3 year period immediately prior to the start date of the fellowship.
Applicants should submit
- a personal statement explaining their motivation and project interests and the contact details of 2 academic referees
- a CV (EU-format; other formats are NOT accepted)
- a form indicating the preference for one or more specific partner institute(s) and/or research project(s) (use preference form)
Please send these documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do NOT include other documents like diplomas.
PLEASE NOTE that applications that do not meet these requirements WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Applicants interested in the position at UCL should also apply via the UCL online recruitment tool (http://www.ucl.ac.uk/hr/jobs)
EURAXESS offer ID: 351757
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.