ORGANISATION/COMPANY“Horia Hulubei” National Institute for Research and Development in Physics and Nuclear Engineering
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineeringPhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/12/2022 12:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONRomania › Magurele
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The IT/telecommunication technician’s activity consists in providing technical support, testing and implementing the technical solutions related to the ELI-NP IT and telecommunications infrastructure. As secondary activity, the IT/telecommunication technician will collaborate with system and network administrators to prepare the technical documentation of the equipment to be purchased through the IT procurement process within the ELI-NP IT group.
- Providing technical support for the infrastructure services (compute, storage, networking) offered by the ELI-NP IT group;
- Taking an active part in the operation of the ELI-NP data and voice networks, as well as of other collaboration or communication services (e.g. e-mail clients, video/audioconference);
- Support and carry out maintenance work for the ELI-NP infrastructure elements (systems, networks, etc.);
- Responsibility for operating and maintaining the PBX system used within ELI-NP.
- Providing technical support for end-user devices within the ELI-NP facility (laptop/desktop computers, network printers, etc.).
- Actively participate in and support the acquisition processes involving the IT group, such as preparing the necessary tender documentation and evaluating technical proposals.
Requirements for filling the position
- High school graduate with baccalaureate diploma.
- Practical experience in and knowledge of the main tasks as described in the job profile above;
- Solid general understanding of IT and telephone systems;
- Working and troubleshooting experience with videoconferencing systems;
- Networking knowledge (OSI layer 1, basic network equipment configuration) is considered a plus;
- Working and troubleshooting experience with end-user Microsoft products (Windows 7/8/10, Office 2010/2013/2016) is considered a plus;
- Good interpersonal skills, a strong team spirit and a result-oriented attitude, as well as a capability to deliver when working under tight deadlines;
- Fluent in English.
- Full time position, based in Bucharest - Măgurele, Romania, for one year with the possibility of extension;
- Member of an ambitious, dynamic and result-oriented team operating in a friendly international working environment;
- Rare opportunity to further your career in a modern IT environment that supports a world-leading scientific project;
- Chance to take on IT challenges that go beyond the 'usual' office/enterprise environment by crossing into high performance / high throughput computing;
- Motivating package (salary, trainings, etc.) according to your qualifications and (practical) experience.
- Applications shall be accompanied by the documents requested in the Rules of Selection for this position.
- Applications shall be sent to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
EURAXESS offer ID: 349702
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.