ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversidade Lusófona´s Research Center for Biosciences and Health Technologies
RESEARCH FIELDPharmacological sciences › Pharmacy
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/10/2018 17:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisbon
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE17/12/2018
COFAC, Cooperativa de Animação e Formação Cultural crl, hereby opens a competition to recruit a PhD researcher, corresponding to position 38 of the Single Remuneration Table, under the terms of the applicable legislation, with an Open-Ended Employment Contract, within the scope of programme contract between Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia, I.P., and the above mentioned Cooperative, supported by national funds inscribed in the budget of the Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) – and carried out in the Research Unit CBIOS - Universidade Lusófona Research Center for Biosciences & Health Technologies.
Main Duties: Development of tools to collect data in public and environmental health, applied to Pharmaceutical and Nutrition sciences. Epidemiological studies to correlate nutritional data, lifestyle, biomarkers and therapeutics with aging.
Keywords: Epidemiology; Pharmacoepidemiology; Public health; Environmental health.
1. The position of PhD researcher is made effective by means of an open-ended employment contract, for a period of a maximum of 6 years, under the terms of Decree-Law nº 57/2016, of 9 August, amended by Law nº 57/2017, of 19 July, and the Portuguese Labour Code.
2. The tasks to be carried out in the fulfilment of this position are those considered in the scope of research project mentioned in the previous article.
3. The contract to be made is scheduled to begin on january, 2nd 2018, and finish, predictably, on january, 1st 2025, or with the completion of the research project, preserving the term regime established by the Labour Code.
4. The tasks comprehended in the object of the employment contract take place in the premises of Campo Grande 376, in Lisbon, or in such places deemed necessary to implement the research plan.
5. The gross base monthly salary to be paid is 2 385.80 Euros according to paragraph a) of n.º 1 of article 15 of Law nº 57/2017, of 19 July, and to the first remuneration position of the initial level as laid down in article 2 of the Regulatory Decree Nº 11-A/2017, of 29 December, corresponding to position 38 of the Single Remuneration Table, approved by Order Nº 1553-C/2008, of 31 December.
Eligibility and Applications
- Position to be filled and terms of open competition
1. The competition aims to hire a PhD researcher, with an open-ended employment contract, within the scope of the programme “Nutritional habits, lifestyle, biomarkers and therapeutics in aging”.
2. National, foreign or stateless PhD researchers may apply to the position.
- How to apply
1. Applicants to this competition will address their request to the R&D Board, by email, in a PDF format, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: CEEC/CBIOS/EPH/2018, along with the following documents:
a) Cover letter mentioning the motivations which justified the application;
b) Curriculum vitae referring the professional experience, accompanied by a list of the scientific publications produced;
c) PhD certificate;
d) Personal data and contact information with their respective email addresses – of at least two leading academics who can attest the curriculum submitted;
e) Other documents considered relevant by the applicant and which, from their perspective, are pertinent to attest and assess their scientific and professional history.
2. Excluding the elements mentioned in paragraph e), failure to comply with any of the requirements listed in the previous number will determine the immediate rejection of the application.
3. False declarations given by the applicants will be punished according to the law.
- Selection method
1. The applications admitted to the competition will be assessed taking into account the quality, timeliness and relevance of the scientific curriculum (scientific output and research experience suited to the objectives of the project) as well as professional curriculum of the applicants, in addition to the level of adequacy to the proposed work plan.
2. In the first stage of the selection process, the jury will assess on a scale of 0 to 100 the set of elements listed below:
a. The scientific career of the applicant, giving particular relevance to the scientific work done or published in areas relating to the work plan which is the object of the competition (up to 35% of the assessment of this stage); b. The professional experience of the applicant, with special emphasis on the activities carried out in areas relating to the work plan which is the object of the competition (up to 55% of the assessment of this stage);
c. Cover letter in Portuguese and English (15% of the evaluation), so that the candidate's motivation and interest for the activities to be carried out (10% of the assessment) and English proficiency (5% evaluation);
d. Should it be deemed necessary, with a view to performing the assessment at this stage, the jury can ask the leading academics mentioned in article 4, nº 1, paragraph
d) above for information on the applicant.
3. In the second phase of the competition, the jury will select to be interviewed a maximum of 5 applicants among those who in the first stage obtained the highest scores. In any circumstance, only scores higher than 60 shall be considered.
4. In the event of a tie, the final decision will be the responsibility of the jury’s chairman.
5. After the selection stages have been concluded, the jury will draw up, within no more than 07 workdays, a minute which will include the final decision, a ranking of the admitted applicants with their respective final scores, as well as brief description of the recruitment process, assessment and selection.
- Prior hearing Once the jury’s final decision has been stated, as referred to in nº 5 of the previous article, the applicants will be notified so that, in the exercise of their right to prior hearing considered in the Code of Administrative Procedures, they can submit their statement on it, within 10 workdays of the date of publication.
Appointment In accordance with the provision of article 13 of Decree-Law nº 57/2016, of 29 August, the following were appointed members of the Jury:
(i) Chairman – Manuel José Damásio (Executive Director of ILIND);
(ii) Luis Monteiro Rodrigues (Director of CBIOS);
(iii) Ana Sofia Fernandes – (Scientific Director for Innovation - CBIOS)
1. It is for the appointed jury to assess the applications.
2. Minutes shall be taken for each meeting of the jury, which will include the account of the issues discussed as well as the votes cast by each one of the members and the grounds for the decisions made.
- Homologation When the deadline for the exercise of right of prior hearing has expired, the jury’s final decision is certified by the Chairperson of the Executive Committee of COFAC, crl., which is also responsible for deciding on the hiring of the selected applicant.
- Dissemination of results The list of admitted and rejected applicants, as well as their respective final scores will be displayed in the premises of Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias, at Avenida do Campo Grande, nº 376, in Lisbon and, moreover, they will be posted on the website www.ulusofona.pt; the applicants will be notified by email.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDPharmacological sciences › Pharmacy
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED LANGUAGESPORTUGUESE: ExcellentENGLISH: Good
The candidate should have the following academic profile:
a. PhD degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or related scientific area
b. Skills to develop activity integrated in a multidisciplinary team
c. Research experience in the development of tools to collect and measure data in public and environmental health;
d. Experience in data analysis, involving advanced epidemiological analysis
e. Experience in health promotion will be valued
-. Should the candidate hold a PhD awarded by a foreign higher education institution, the formalities required by Decree-Law nº 341/2007, of 12 October, must be complied with by the deadline for submission of applications.
- Jurisdiction and opening of insolvency proceedings
1. COFAC - Cooperativa de Formação e Animação Cultural, instituidora da Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias, author of the opening of this competition.
2. Publication of the procedure observes that established by article 11 of Decree-Law no. 57/2016, of August 29.
- Deadline The deadline for submission of applications is the 10th workday after the day the present notice is published, on october, 17th, ending on october, 31st.
EURAXESS offer ID: 347909
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.