ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversidade Lusófona´s Research Center for Biosciences and Health Technologies
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Nutritional sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/10/2018 17:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisbon
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE17/12/2018
COFAC, Cooperativa de Animação e Formação Cultural crl, hereby opens a competition to recruit a PhD researcher, corresponding to position 38 of the Single Remuneration Table, under the terms of the applicable legislation, with an Open-Ended Employment Contract, within the scope of programme contract between Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia, I.P., and the above mentioned Cooperative, supported by national funds inscribed in the budget of the Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) – and carried out in the Research Unit – CBIOS Universidade Lusófona Research Center for Biosciences & Health Technologies
- Main Duties: Development of research methods in human nutrition to establish associations between food, nutrients and bioactive compounds with effects on health and disease, in an applied and interdisciplinary perspective.
Keywords: Nutrition; Human food; Health.
- Contractual terms
1. The position of PhD researcher is made effective by means of an open-ended employment contract, for a period of a maximum of 6 years, under the terms of Decree-Law nº 57/2016, of 9 August, amended by Law nº 57/2017, of 19 July, and the Portuguese Labour Code.
2. The tasks to be carried out in the fulfilment of this position are those considered in the scope of research project mentioned in the previous article.
3. The contract to be made is scheduled to begin on january, 2nd 2018, and finish, predictably, on january, 1st 2025, or with the completion of the research project, preserving the term regime established by the Labour Code.
4. The tasks comprehended in the object of the employment contract take place in the premises of Campo Grande 376, in Lisbon, or in such places deemed necessary to implement the research plan.
5. The gross base monthly salary to be paid is 2 385.80 Euros according to paragraph a) of n.º 1 of article 15 of Law nº 57/2017, of 19 July, and to the first remuneration position of the initial level as laid down in article 2 of the Regulatory Decree Nº 11-A/2017, of 29 December, corresponding to position 38 of the Single Remuneration Table, approved by Order Nº 1553-C/2008, of 31 December.
II – Eligibility and Applications
- Position to be filled and terms of open competition
1. The competition aims to hire a PhD researcher, with an open-ended employment contract, within the scope of the programme “Food, nutrients and bioactive compounds in health and disease”.
2. National, foreign or stateless PhD researchers may apply to the position.
- Homologation When the deadline for the exercise of right of prior hearing has expired, the jury’s final decision is certified by the Chairperson of the Executive Committee of COFAC, crl., which is also responsible for deciding on the hiring of the selected applicant.
- Dissemination of results The list of admitted and rejected applicants, as well as their respective final scores will be displayed in the premises of Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias, at Avenida do Campo Grande, nº 376, in Lisbon and, moreover, they will be posted on the website www.ulusofona.pt; the applicants will be notified by email.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Nutritional sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED LANGUAGESPORTUGUESE: ExcellentENGLISH: Good
The candidate should have the following academic profile:
a. PhD in Nutrition Sciences or similar scientific area
b.Skills to develop activity integrated in a multidisciplinary team
c. Experience in the development of research methods in human nutrition regarding the interplay between human food and biological aspects.
d. Previous experience in epidemiological and public health studies and in economic policies of nutrition and health; and / or in studies of the molecular mechanisms underlying the effects of food, nutrients and bioactive compounds on health and disease.
e. Proficiency, oral and written, in Portuguese and English
2. Should the candidate hold a PhD awarded by a foreign higher education institution, the formalities required by Decree-Law nº 341/2007, of 12 October, must be complied with by the deadline for submission of applications.
- Jurisdiction and opening of insolvency proceedings
1. COFAC - Cooperativa de Formação e Animação Cultural, instituidora da Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias, author of the opening of this competition.
2. Publication of the procedure observes that established by article 11 of Decree-Law no. 57/2016, of August 29.
- Deadline The deadline for submission of applications is the 10th workday after the day the present notice is published, on october, 17th, ending on october, 31st.
- How to apply
1. Applicants to this competition will address their request to the R&D Board, by email, in a PDF format, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject:CEEC/CBIOS/NUT/2018, along with the following documents:
a) Cover letter mentioning the motivations which justified the application;
b) Curriculum vitae referring the professional experience, accompanied by a list of the scientific publications produced;
c) PhD certificate;
d) Personal data and contact information with their respective email addresses – of at least two leading academics who can attest the curriculum submitted;
e) Other documents considered relevant by the applicant and which, from their perspective, are pertinent to attest and assess their scientific and professional history.
2. Excluding the elements mentioned in paragraph e), failure to comply with any of the requirements listed in the previous number will determine the immediate rejection of the application.
3. False declarations given by the applicants will be punished according to the law.
EURAXESS offer ID: 347908
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.