ORGANISATION/COMPANYSapienza Università di Roma Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE08/11/2018 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
We hypothesize that the pathophysiology of diabetic macrovascular complications involves pathways common to bone metabolism, which may be investigated by studying the relationship between circulating markers of bone metabolism and CV events.
Aims. To evaluate the relationship between circulating markers of bone metabolism and major adverse CV events in T2D and LADA and compared.
Methods. Sera from 1000 T2D subjects will be analyzed for islet autoantibodies and for key molecules in the pathways of bone metabolism and ectopic calcifications: Klotho, Sclerostin, Osteopontin Fetuin-A, Osteocalcin. The relationship between bone markers levels and occurrence of the composite CV diseases will be evaluated during a total follow-up of 5 years.
Expected results and significance. Novel CV biomarkers may significantly improve the prognostic value of CV risk
- Employment contract with full social security: yes
- Total amount per fellowship per year: 19367
- Currency: Euro
- Covers salary: yes
- Covers travel and subsistence: no
- Covers research costs: no
- Covers other costs: social charges
- Maximum duration of fellowship: 12
The evaluation criteria are determined by the Commission, will be expressed in cents and
include, with appropriate weights, the following items:
• Ph.D. (if not required);
• Vote of Full Degree;
• Publications and other research products;
• Diplomas and certificates of attendance of post-graduate courses;
• Other activities related to the research activity as research contracts, fellowships and appointments in national or international research institutes. Such items must report the period and duration of the research activity.
• Interview on the research topic.
The results of the assessment of qualifications, will be made available to interested parties prior to the execution of any interview, by posting notice board of the Department concerned and on the same Web site.
Eligible destination country/ies for fellows:
Eligibility of fellows: country/ies of residence:
Eligibility of fellows: nationality/ies:
The selection process will be based on the ranking obtained by the sum of the scores of titles and the score obtained in the interview, applicants will be selected based on highest score ranking.
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact phone: 0649918284
- Annual budget: 23800
- Frequency of calls: mensile
- International mobility required: yes
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 345748
Posting organisation offer ID: 149591
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.