RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesChemistryEconomicsMedical sciencesPharmacological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/10/2018 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
h2. *Principal Scientist Research*
*Pharmacology/Oncology Drug Discovery (m/f)*
h2. Duties & Responsibilities:
* Direct a laboratory responsible for identifying new cancer drug targets and developing accompanying compound profiling assays
* Lead or actively contribute to multi-disciplinary drug development teams including chemistry, pharmacology, medical and marketing functions
* Present scientific data at internal and external meetings, and publish findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals
* Initiate and coordinate collaborations with leading academic institutions worldwide
* PhD or equivalent degree in the life sciences
* Scientific focus on the molecular mechanisms driving cancer biology
* At least three years post-doctoral experience
* Evidence of leading successful research programs with a convincing publication record in high impact journals
* Excellent team spirit, communication and presentation skills (English as a working language, basic German of advantage)
h2. Your Benefits:
* Staff restaurant
* Pension scheme
* Additional off-days (bridge days)
* Comprehensive health promotion
* Position specific training opportunities
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60.000 gross per year/full-time).
h2. Our culture
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2017, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of nearly 18.1 billion euros. R&D expenditure, exceeding three billion euros, corresponded to 17.0 per cent of net sales.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Karima Kube.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
We look forward to receiving your online application - please enter the Job ID 1810318.
Postgraduate - Doctorate/PhD
EURAXESS offer ID: 333711
Posting organisation offer ID: 651831