RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Organic chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/09/2018 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Nijmegen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE07/01/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER765497
Application Deadline: 14-09-2018
Tagworks Pharmaceuticals (www.tagworkspharma.com), located at the Radboud University Medical Center in The Netherlands, is looking for an Early Stage Researcher (PhD student) for a PhD thesis project on the development of in vivo click chemistry for the activation and imaging of novel antitumor constructs such as catalytic nanoparticles. The contract will be within the framework of the THERACAT Marie Skłodowska-Curie European Training Network (H2020-MSCA-ITN-2017, Project 765497), which objective it is to train a new generation of early-stage researchers on new catalysis-based cancer therapies. This project will be conducted in collaboration with the Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine of the Radboud University Medical Center.
The successful candidate will develop:
- Improved click-release reactions
- Click chemistry methodologies to chemically activate tumor-localized catalysts and antibody-drug conjugates
- Direct and click-pretargeted nuclear imaging of tumor-localized constructs and their action
Requirements for candidates:
- Master degree in (bio)organic chemistry or equivalent
- Permit to work with laboratory animals (or willing to obtain this permit)
- Permit to work with radioactivity (or willing to obtain this permit)
- Multidisciplinary attitude
- Good communicational and social skills directed towards working in a team
- Enthusiastic and strong motivation to successfully complete a PhD
Marie-Curie fellowship Mobility requirement:
- At the time of recruitment by Tagworks, candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work or studies) in The Netherlands for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to recruitment.
- Full-time 3-year contract. Very competitive salary. Estimated starting date: January 2019
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment
- R.M. Versteegen at al., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018. doi: 10.1002/anie.201800402
- R. Rossin et al., Nature Commun. 2018, 9, 1484.
- R. Rossin et al., J. Nucl. Med. 2013, 54, 11, 1989-1995.
- R. Rossin et al., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49, 3375-3378.
Tagworks Pharmaceuticals is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and references to email@example.com by 14-09-2018 (Reference: TAGW18-01).
EURAXESS offer ID: 327795
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.