ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Water resources engineeringEnvironmental science › Water scienceGeosciences › Hydrology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE08/11/2018 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK30
OFFER STARTING DATE11/11/2018
As soon as possible, limited for 3 years
- Investigation of water and solute fluxes in the unsaturated zone
- Method development in isotope hydrology
- Measurement of soil hydraulic properties and isotope ratios in field and laboratory experiments
- Evaluation and interpretation of results
- Publication of results in scientific peer-reviews journals
- Writing a PhD-thesis
Required skills and qualification:
- Excellent master’s degree in geosciences, environmental sciences or similar disciplines
- Experience in monitoring, sample analysis and data processing of water stable isotopes
- Experience in soil physics
- Experience with field and laboratory experiments
- High motivation for working independently and for working in an interdisciplinary team
- Very good written and spoken English
Desired skills and qualification:
- Interest in mathematical modelling
- Driver’s licence (B)
The application should be electronically submitted in one document (pdf < 5 MB) including the common documents (letter of motivation, CV, certificates, short summary of master thesis, three names of reference persons).
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement for university staff (payable 14 times per year): B1, € 2.096,00
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
Please send your job application to the Personnel department, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, 1190 Vienna, Peter-Jordan-Straße 70; E-Mail: email@example.com. (Reference code: 155)
We regret that we cannot reimburse applicants travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and hiring process.
EURAXESS offer ID: 326967
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.