ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversité de Lorraine
RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › EconometricsEconomics › Health economicsEconomics › Local public economics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/09/2018 16:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Nancy
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2018
The BETA (Bureau for Economic Theory and Applications) wants to start up a PhD project in economics on provincial inequalities in access to public financing for disabled elderly.
The project aims to elaborate a theoretical and methodological approach which allows to
- understand the mechanisms which produce the provincial inequalities in the access to public financing for disabled elderly,
- quantify these inequalities as a whole,
- isolate the share of these inequalities due to exogenous constraints, local policy choices, and interactions of local choices with national policy measures.
This project is driven by the distinctive features of French policies targeting disabled elderly, but the theoretical and methodological approach should apply to other fields and other countries where the impact of local public interventions is bounded and modified by the national framework in which they take place. International high-level publications of the research outputs are thus expected thanks to the theoretical and methodological dimension of the project.
More information on the website http://sjpeg.univ-lorraine.fr/, section "Le doctorat/Financement/Contrats doctoraux", CONTRAT DOCTORAL Lorraine Université d'Excellence - D3S
The selected candidate will be offered a three-year contract (wage : approx. 21.000€ gross per year), during which he/she will have to complete courses (approx. 30 hours per year) and research projects on the topic specified in the vacancy. The employer will be the University of Lorraine. The position is located in Nancy (France).
The electronic version of your application must be sent to email@example.com, with attached separate pdf files (not zipped), using surname, the application code “D3S” and a self-evident word as file names, (e.g. Smith_D3S_CV.
As part of the overall assessment of the applicant’s qualifications, an interview will be applied on the 18th of September (10AM). The interview can be in French or in English. The interview will be held in Nancy [Bureau d’économie théorique et appliquée (BETA) – 13 rue des Michottes – 54000 Nancy]. Videoconferencing can be implemented for applicants studying abroad.
Application include the following information:
- a curriculum vitae (including an URL allowing download of pdf of M.Sc. thesis -- if relevant);
- a letter explaining why you are interested in this position, how your research interests are related to the topics mentioned in the project description above and the relevant academic skills that you learned (max : 2 pages);
- the name and contact details (including email address) of one or two academic referees who can provide details about your profile.
- The application form (to download on the web site sjpeg.univ-lorraine.fr : 'Le doctorat / Financement / Contrats doctoraux’)
- A copy of M.sc diploma and student records
- Master’s degree in Economics, with excellent grades in applied econometrics and microeconomics
- Normative reasoning abilities and a high interest for welfare analysis.
- A sufficient fluency in French to cope with the reading of French written documents (scientific articles, administrative reports…) is required. The thesis will have to be written in French or in English.
EURAXESS offer ID: 325868