RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › Administrative sciencesEconomics › Financial science
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/07/2018 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Gent
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
→ Apply until 10/07/2018 23:59 CEST
→ Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
→ Department EB02 - Financial economics
→ AAP temporary appointment - 100%
→ Reference number: 201806/EB02/DA/022
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in the field of banking, financial markets, investments, behavioral finance and/or risk management.
- You will assist in the teaching activities at the department: teaching and student guiding activities related to courses in the discipline of finance and risk management; guidance of students for their bachelor and master thesis.
- You will counsel doctoral students.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a doctoral degree in economics or a degree recognized as equivalent.
For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have already conducted research within the field of banking, financial markets, investments, behavioral finance and/or risk management.
- You may present relevant scientific publications in (inter)national peer-reviewed academic journals that are widely disseminated.
- You have experience with teaching, coordinating courses, and coaching/guiding students in the Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or Advanced Master’s programmes.
- You have a extensive experience in supervising bachelor and master theses within the field of finance.
- Professionalization of education is recommended. Having positively evaluated experience with procured and/or organized education on an academic level, is an asset.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a one-year appointment, which will not be renewed. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a post-doctoral assistant at a university within the Flemish Community, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start on 1 October 2018 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your relevant scientific publications (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Koen Inghelbrecht (Koen.Inghelbrecht@UGent.be, +32 9 264 89 77).
EURAXESS offer ID: 319336
Posting organisation offer ID: 115882
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.