RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesEngineeringPhysicsTechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE08/07/2018 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONUnited Kingdom › Stewartby
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
Algenuity is a globally recognised, UK-based algal biotechnology company that currently operates as a wholly-owned division of Spicer Consulting Limited, a UK-based OEM of specialised electronics. Algenuity operates within a technology development and licensing model, developing solutions for the algal biomass and bioproducts industry. Our vision is to be the leading global algal biotechnology company and our mantra is simple, ‘making algae work’.
We are currently seeking an experienced and innovative strain engineering scientist/ molecular biologist. You will take a lead role in the design and conducting of laboratory-based genetic engineering projects in the field of microalgal biotechnology. This is a senior scientific position within the company, and you will work closely with the CSO to ensure the timely delivery of Algenuity’s internal R&D projects and external research contracts.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
• A PhD in a relevant subject with a minimum 3 years post-doctoral experience focused on strain development, molecular biology and/or metabolic engineering of algae or higher plants.
• A proven track record in development and innovation within applied molecular biology/synthetic biology, with excellent knowledge of the current state of the art.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organisational, communication, problem solving and presentation skills.
• Ability to represent the company at technical meetings and external events.
• Fluent in English – spoken and written.
• Eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom (UK or EU national).
• Biotechnological experience in cultivation and manipulation of eukaryotic microalgae.
• Genetic transformation techniques for hard to transform microorganisms.
• Experience with assembly and heterologous expression of complex biosynthetic pathways.
This is a full-time staff position, working at our dedicated site in Bedfordshire, within the United Kingdom’s Golden Triangle for Biotech.
We are offering a competitive salary with generous company pension contribution and the opportunity for performance-related bonuses along with discretionary profit-sharing. Applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and short cover letter to *email@example.com*
NOTE – you will not be considered for this position if you are required to apply for a work visa.
Postgraduate - Doctorate/PhD
EURAXESS offer ID: 314341
Posting organisation offer ID: 646049
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.